Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

95-96 CAD front axle - INFO REQUEST

Discussion in 'Offroad Drivelines' started by livetoride21, January 8, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. livetoride21

livetoride21 New Member

City, State:
      QC
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      93 Ranger XL 2.3L
      Hi All, I've had a CAD front axle from a 1996 Ford explorer , welded the spider gears up and rigged up to a cable disconnect in my 2002 ford ranger.
      Have done about 30000km on this setup and have had no issues, works great!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

However, I bought a 2007 ford ranger that I will be swapping it into and would like to get it working off of vacuum in lieu of a cable.
      My issue right now is, when I received the differential originally the vacuum diaphragm (actuator) was broken. I glued it back together to keep things sealed, but I can't seem to find the part number for this piece anywhere. I know what I need for solenoids, and how to wire things, but I just can't seem to find this diaphragm.

If anyone can lead me in the right direction of the part number, it would be greatly appreciated!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.