95 Explorer. I'm having a problem pulling the codes. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

95 Explorer. I'm having a problem pulling the codes.

taznervi

Reaction score
City, State
Muskegon,Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer
service engine soon light is on after a oil change hooked obd to it and it wont let it ( iso 9141 ) ??? failure to link

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

95 Explorer

i believe so its the one under the steering column
i have a scantool canOBD 2 & 1 its a craftsman

Your OBD-II port on this vehicle is a "dummy" port, and is not designed to work. The port that you need to connect to is located under the hood. It's the EEC-IV connector. Check the sticky threads in this section for more information.

i believe so its the one under the steering column
i have a scantool canOBD 2 & 1 its a craftsman

My ,95 XLT has a dummy obd2 plug under the steering wheel, like yours. The real test plug is located in the engine compartment, drivers side, in front of the fuse box. It is an obd1 ford interface...:)

ISO 9141 Link Error

Does this also apply to the 2000 as well? Does anyone have pics?

OBD-2 was required by federal law beginning the '96 model year, so your 2000 will use a regular OBD-2 scanner, and, I'm pretty sure, the port should be under the steering column. I'm not familiar with EEC-V/OBD-2, but I'd probably start by checking for the power/ground to the diagnostic port. You might post this in the EEC-V forum where someone more familiar with your system can help.

It is under the column in the 2000.

Back