1. for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

95 Ford Explorer Amp/Sub hook up! Please help

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by bowler91383, June 1, 2012.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. bowler91383

bowler91383 New Member

City, State:
      Cave Junction, Oregon
      Year and Model:
      1995 Ford Explorer
      I'm needing some help installing an amp and 2 sub system to my stock stereo system. I have everything setup except for the part where I hook up the speaker wires from the back of the radio. I have the stock radio, with a 6 CD changer hooked up and it's in the middle compartment between the seats. I bought an Output Convertor yesterday, but I need some help on hooking it up. Any takers?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. toypaseo

toypaseo Flunked daycare Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      outside shovelling snow
      Year and Model:
      ................ 96 XLT ™
      You'll pry have to tap somewhere after the OEM amp behind the rear passenger cargo area. I tried to tap before the OEM amp, but there was not enough signal. I also have a stock radio with cassette, and a disc changer in the console.

Here is where I tapped. Note that the enclosure and sub are not original to my Explorer, but the OEM amp is.

Click on image for larger view...
      [​IMG]

4. bowler91383

bowler91383 New Member

City, State:
      Cave Junction, Oregon
      Year and Model:
      1995 Ford Explorer
      So I don't have to hook up to the actual radio itself? I've never hooked an amp/sub up before. Thanks for the help