For Sale - 95 XLT 4X4 Modified Trail Rig AKA: The Black Hole | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale 95 XLT 4X4 Modified Trail Rig AKA: The Black Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey you forgot to mention it is famous, It was in the Explorer article in Fourwheeler. I just wish I didn't have the note on my 98. Your is what I want to do with mine. maybe not the 5 speed. but that is a bonus.

Tim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey you forgot to mention it is famous, It was in the Explorer article in Fourwheeler. I just wish I didn't have the note on my 98. Your is what I want to do with mine. maybe not the 5 speed. but that is a bonus.

Tim

Well, I don't know how famous it is here, but you should see the following it has overseas! Frigging rock star status in Europe. :D

Oh, it was featured in the very first podcast on EF too! LOL!

:biggthump:exp:

WOW, Greg-Just read this, sorry you have to sell this..... Hope it sells for you soon!

Don't know if I really want to ask but... Whats the mpg you're getting currently?

Don't know if I really want to ask but... Whats the mpg you're getting currently?

All depends on your driving style. Conservative or hammer down.

Hwy is about 22 when cruising. Thats about the only time I even paid attention. When in the trails, 1/4 tank a weekend. :D

It wasn't built with mpg in mind, but is pretty good for what it is. Gears and manual Trans swap keeps it in the power range easier, thus less fuel consumption.

Does better than the work rig that's for sure. This isn't a rig an old man like myself considers a daily driver (and it's not used as such), so I think of it as a recreational vehicle, and mpg wasn't a concern.

22mpg is awesome by any standard on a gen2 Ex.

Being this also has the CAD front D35 axle, and the Manual 1354 T-case conversion, it is a true 2wd, or 4wd drive train. 97+ years are live axles, and 4405 T-case, and those set ups use more fuel being the front axle is under some power in 2wd mode.

This means that this rig uses less fuel, than the 97+ versions. :D

cant believe you still have this rig?

bump for good rig

I would love to own this rig. maybe with my wifes additional job.

Tim

Hell, maybe you'll be out of financial need by the time someone has the money to buy it :D This is an awesome truck from what I've read. I wish I had the money for it. But, my priority is school, and any toy money I get goes to SAS parts. Hopefully someone who will actually appreciate this truck will get it soon. Good luck with the sale Gman! :thumbsup:

Is it still for sale??

Tim

Is it still for sale??

Tim

This is the only place it is still listed for sale. I actually forgot this thread still existed. Haha!

After so much time went by with nothing but tire kickers, and low ballers, I gave up trying to sell it. I have been working on it over all this time, doing small mods, maintenance, cleaning, painting, etc... and figured it is not going anywhere.

Started making plans to take it to Moab with the forum next May just yesterday. LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back