96 Explorer Eddie Bauer System | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

96 Explorer Eddie Bauer System

96ExplorerEB

In your opinion, how good is the premium audio system (sub in the cargo, 6 disc) in the 96 Explorer Eddie Bauer.Also, do you have any idea how many watts it is capable of pumping out and is that pretty good or not? I don't know much about audio systems and would appreciate your reply.

Well a year and a half ago I got my liciense and pritty much stole my my 96 eb. (I used it much more than her) I think it good for a factofy system. But after a while it wasn't for me so I got a high low converter(i think thats the name of it) and tapped into the wire that ran to the sub in the back. I disconected the factory sub because the guy at the audio shop said i would fry the amp or something like that. So from the high low converter I hooked up a 4 channel amp briged it to 2 channels (150watts x chan) and hooked up to alpine subs. It sounded great. the deck seemed good the speakers in the doors where good (for factory). I think with stock system its a good system and if you make some minor adjustment it can be a great system.
Hope this helps

Back