• Register Today It's free!

98 explorer

Bob Packard

Reaction score
City, State
Rigby, Idaho
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer xlt
I have a 98 explorer and the turn signals quit working. The hazards still work okay. I checked all the fuses and they are all good has anybody else had this problem or know what I should check next?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Second for the multifunction. Common part to fail. They also have a tendency to come unplugged.

Ditto, the multi-function switch is a big wear item, like many parts at this age. I just replaced the flasher in my 98, the amber lights stopped flashing after long use, they just stayed on full time until turned off for a while.

The flasher is an EP27, I suggest an LED capable flasher. I just bought some LED bulbs, and another flasher if this other new one doesn't work with them well. It looks like there are LED's available for everything on these vehicles now. The lower wattage should help preserve the life of the switches, relays and wires.

Welcome to this forum! Try a different flasher, and check the multifunction switch on the side of the steering column.
okay I changed out the multifunction switch and the flasher today. I still can't get the turn signals to work. what do you think I should check now?

Yes, testing the circuits is the next easiest thing to do. Check the bulbs carefully at the terminals, as well as the filaments.

Back