98 Xlt Radio Removal | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98 Xlt Radio Removal

They require a lot of work to get up and running, a lot of wiring sensors up.
You'll love that V8 though, it's in fact the same block used in the 5.0 Mustangs.
There's a crap load of after market options for your truck. I highly suggest upgrading your tires from the p235 to 31" tires, you'll most likely have no rubbing issues at all, IMO the handling is just amazing with these tires. A lot better than the old smaller ones.

Lets see your truck man, Pictures!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

got no pics until i get the car back in the morning, but i got the pics that the seller had on craigslist...

the rim in the 1st pic is only one that tire the rest have the one with the 5 like ovals, and i bought a matching rim today

01010001040801030120080111bfb3a71612b569bda90035cc.jpg

0101080104050103042008011124ab7fb7a52e9c733500c1d2.jpg

ill put legit pics on in the morning

Where are you going with this truck? Stock? Street? Off-Road?

well, at the molment im going no where, after the truck and everything else i have $2 + i have to buy wire for the radio, but no sure yet, but not really going to change the out side because i like the look of it. really im going to change the tires, hook the radio up and hope to god for snow so i can put that awd to good use.

why, any suggestions?

31" tires no matter what you're doing with the truck.. I love em..
Uh, after that.. you'll probably want to lift a little more, the tires give you a 1" lift by themselves... I love feeling higher.. you could lift 1-2" more for very cheap. It wouldn't be overkill. Rear lift shackles = $60 Torsion Twist up front = Free (bolts you twist to lift or lower the front, it's part of your stock suspension) you'll need an alignment though. Uh.. Air intake, the stock air intake setup is extremely restrictive. Better throttle response and better gas mileage. There's a lot to do, I mentioned a few cheap things that could make your ride unique and perform better.

sounds good, but cant get the start on any of that til payday, **** i hate being broke

i noticed when i was in it today when i push in the cigg lighter the light on the rearwiper goes out (nothing else) and when it pops out the light goes on.. weird also on the shifter its one spot off on the display it really weird, i got to go in to 2 for drive and d is nutural, there all adhead 1 spot, any idea? im going to wind up hitting somone when i accidently go in reverse or somthing

oh and u know where the code for the keypad is? somsone told me its in the back under that panel on the left but i cant find it

check your, i think its the GEM module.. it's in the compartment with ur jack n stuff.. uhm... all that other stuff you need to have checked out.. my d is off just a tiny bit.. but nothing bad... hm.. check your fuses... check your wiring behind the panel too for anything crossed

Back