98XLT Audio | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98XLT Audio

J

Jim F

Can anyone tell me who makes the "Dual Mode" audio system in the 98XLT. The system has both single CD and tape on the dash unit. It has the capacity to have the multi CD unit in the center console (which I do not have). It also has the controls on the back of the center console for the rear passengers. It has premium speaker, what every that means. It does NOT have the sub in the rear cargo area.
Along with who makes the receiver, what is the output rating and who makes the speakers?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The company that makes the audio systems for the explorers is a conpany called "J-Rob". This company installs the premium system which consists of the JBL speakers and the stock deck. I blew the sub woofer in my truck (97 limited explorer). When I took the problem to Ford they told me that the J-Rob company sends their own people to diagnose and correct any problem with the audio system.

Does anyone know how to contact J-Rob. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Hi Jared,

Try this number 800 225-3256, I wanted to purchase a extra CD magazine and the Ford helpdesk gave me this number call. Also if you can ask the people who answers your call if they are part of Ford Motor Corp or from Visteon, and post your findings. Hope you find your answer...

Back