• Register Today It's free!

99 5.0 Intake Vacuum Diagram

Jameson1881

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer XLT
I just finished digging down to put in new intake manifold gasket and replace some cracked vacuum hoses. Fire it up and will not run. I found that I have left a vacuum line open but have no clue what goes to it. Really don't want to yank this intake again! Does anybody have a good picture/diagram of the vacuum lines?

The one I missed is on the back of the upper intake between the intake and the firewall. It's just below the top and points straight toward the firewall. I have the tree attached below. Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pointing straight back would be pcv vacuum, joined with another using the f shaped fitting and u shaped hose;

012_zps828403a8.jpg

Thanks for the pic. It's the one on the right hand side of your picture that has nothing attached to it. My F fitting seems to be just a T but still goes to PCV.

I'm not 100% on this but I believe it is the vacuum feed for the fuel pressure regulator and egr solenoid. Might be a white-red and green vacuum bundle.

All those lines were shot on mine so I had to make up new lines. Very well could be I just forgot to add that into the FPR bundle. Thanks I'll see if I can find that diagram.

Back