9sport6's Fix aka sas | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

9sport6's Fix aka sas

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice Truck

Don't worry about the negative feedback. Most of the people bagging on your rig are riding in JUNK themselves. It is easy for them to talk smack behind a keyboard. Keep working on that RIG and you'll get it right. You gotta start somewhere.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

i didnt say it made it right i was just saying didnt you read im adjusting it

i like your solid axle 2nd gen. and im sure it will be great after you make those adjustments so im not gonna whine and give you **** about it...nice truck

Looking pretty good.

The shackles in back are a cool thing but come at a cost. That cost is a crazy long slip joint on your drive shaft. I have seen some killer flexing SAS constantly seperating his drive shaft because of this. Just food for thought. People shouldnt be naysayers untill they see your rig on the trails

Action Shot Nice mudhole

Check the link on the first page for a glimpse of my stomping grounds aka my buddys back yard

Nice...

seriously look at some other ppls cars that posted in tour forum they are mostly basically stock or shackles and tt haha well i love your truck man and who gives a crap what your shackle angle is i can gaurantee that if that thing was riding around in my town every lifted truck would be looking and you and thinking it was awesome.. i wouldnt mind doing that to mine but i guess i would reverse the shackles now that ive seen yours. take it this way... you tought us all a lesson to put shackles on the other way for a better approach angle... it takes someone to figure this stuff out so nice ride man and thanks for the help others will appreciate it later :thumbsup:

nice truck, i can relate with taking on big projects at a young age, but dont take the "im only 18" way out.. own up to your work, your going to make mistakes when your first starting out. **** i know i made alot.... here are some pics of my truck i completed at the ripe young age of 18... comple with dana 44, ford nine, 351w, np208 tcase, and a built c6..

normal_explorer_003%7E0.gif

normal_explorer_005.gif

normal_explorer_008.gif

normal_explorer_023.gif

hey i want you ex man mine isnt that big...i want it

FREERIDER712 said:
Don't worry about the negative feedback. Most of the people bagging on your rig are riding in JUNK themselves. It is easy for them to talk smack behind a keyboard. Keep working on that RIG and you'll get it right. You gotta start somewhere.

Well said, too many negative a-holes around here. Read a few SAS threads and you're an expert apparently...

I envy anyone who takes on an sas project. Your truck is looking real good. give it time to work out the bugs. Keep up the good work. But we need more action shots.
Good Luck

get some regular shackles and maybe some higher lift springs and all will be good

i plan on more realistic shackles and bigger springs to compensate im also going all spring in the rear....maybe a few more inches hehe

now thats what im talking about

The Explorers GONE

The other night on the way home from a friends house after working some long hours i dozed off and woke up heading towards a tree i tried correcting and the tree pushed my right side in a ridiculous amount......its totalled but i have 98 ranger project coming soon coil sprung this time ill get some pictures posted soon

9sport6 said:
The other night on the way home from a friends house after working some long hours i dozed off and woke up heading towards a tree i tried correcting and the tree pushed my right side in a ridiculous amount......its totalled but i have 98 ranger project coming soon coil sprung this time ill get some pictures posted soon

<<<<PICS>>>>

jeez, well at least you dont have to worry about those shackles anymore!

that sucks man, glad you woke up, and werent hurt

it was fun while it lasted
at least we were able to have a good time with it while you still had it

well that has to blow, all that work and down the ****ter. My hub assembly just tooka dump on me a couple of hours ago...more of reason for a SAS.

Back