1. for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

A/C vacuum line 2001 explorer

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by rpbusi7, August 26, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. rpbusi7

rpbusi7 New Member

City, State:
      gainesville, fl
      Year and Model:
      2001 ford explorer
      Does anyone know where the ac vacuum lines hook under the hood of an '01 explorer. I found two lines that come from the bottom of the air box inside the vehicle and run through the firewall on the passenger side. One line goes to the the vacuum ball in the from right fender area and the other one (it's grey) is dangling. I did some work on the ac system earlier in the summer and I'm pretty sure I knocked it off. I cannot for the life of me find the port on the engine/air intake system that this plugs on to. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. bobflood

bobflood Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Powder Springs, GA
      Year and Model:
      1997 Eddie Bauer V8 2WD

May be completely wrong, but if there is a vacuum controlled valve on one of the heater core hoses - it might go there.