A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

The last update looked better visually, but made the main things I wanted fixed were either made worse than before, or the same as before. Can anyone confirm if the following have been fixed in 3.2.2? I'm afraid to install it and make the experience even worse again just to get the main screen temperature back:

1) iPod song shuffling issue:

Prior to 3.0.2 playlists would "start over" each time the vehicle was started. The song would keep playing where it left off however it would show you were back on song 1 of XX instead of say, 14 of XX. This made listening to a playlist in shuffle mode useless.

3.0.2 changed that, unfortunately for the worse. After starting the vehicle the playlist continues where you left off (song 14 of XX), however it switches from shuffle mode to alphabetical mode and starts playing in alphabetical order. If you then go in to the settings and re-select shuffle mode it THEN restarts the playlist at 1 of XX, similar to how versions previous to 3.0.2 did automatically. So essentially it just added in another annoying step of work to get back to where you didn't want to be in the first place (1 of XX).

2) Right Dashboard screen doesn't stay where it was after restart:

Even with the proper setting set to remember screen selection after restart, the right side dashboard screen jumps back one step each time the vehicle is started. You then have to hit arrow--> (or is it left?) on the steering wheel to get back to the screen you had it on when the vehicle was powered off.

3) The software still gets gradually slower and slower and glitchier and glitchier until it finally has to be rebooted via the software or a fuse pull, or it sometimes automatically does it on its own.

Extremely frustrating that such simple things don't function correctly on a $40K+ vehicle and haven't been fixed after 2 years of updates. My wife has already vowed that this will be her first and last Ford. She may be able to be turned around if the MFT system is ever fixed (on this vehicle not a future one), but that's not looking promising as long as the archaic Flash is being used to program it and the current team of programmers are on the job. My apologies if these questions have been answered already, I don't have much time these days to surf the forums.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The last update looked better visually, but made the main things I wanted fixed were either made worse than before, or the same as before. Can anyone confirm if the following have been fixed in 3.2.2? I'm afraid to install it and make the experience even worse again just to get the main screen temperature back:

1) iPod song shuffling issue:

Prior to 3.0.2 playlists would "start over" each time the vehicle was started. The song would keep playing where it left off however it would show you were back on song 1 of XX instead of say, 14 of XX. This made listening to a playlist in shuffle mode useless.

3.0.2 changed that, unfortunately for the worse. After starting the vehicle the playlist continues where you left off (song 14 of XX), however it switches from shuffle mode to alphabetical mode and starts playing in alphabetical order. If you then go in to the settings and re-select shuffle mode it THEN restarts the playlist at 1 of XX, similar to how versions previous to 3.0.2 did automatically. So essentially it just added in another annoying step of work to get back to where you didn't want to be in the first place (1 of XX).

2) Right Dashboard screen doesn't stay where it was after restart:

Even with the proper setting set to remember screen selection after restart, the right side dashboard screen jumps back one step each time the vehicle is started. You then have to hit arrow--> (or is it left?) on the steering wheel to get back to the screen you had it on when the vehicle was powered off.

3) The software still gets gradually slower and slower and glitchier and glitchier until it finally has to be rebooted via the software or a fuse pull, or it sometimes automatically does it on its own.

Extremely frustrating that such simple things don't function correctly on a $40K+ vehicle and haven't been fixed after 2 years of updates. My wife has already vowed that this will be her first and last Ford. She may be able to be turned around if the MFT system is ever fixed (on this vehicle not a future one), but that's not looking promising as long as the archaic Flash is being used to program it and the current team of programmers are on the job. My apologies if these questions have been answered already, I don't have much time these days to surf the forums.

All of these issues still exist in 3.2.2 ... my Sport that I just picked up Friday exhibits everything you listed.

All of these issues still exist in 3.2.2 ... my Sport that I just picked up Friday exhibits everything you listed.

:thumbdwn:

Congrats on the Sport though! I've yet to see one in person but am anxious to. I guess I'll go ahead and update her to 3.2.2 and cross my fingers that nothing else goes 1 step forward, 3 steps back.

i didn't leave my car idle while running the update. i simply connected my usb stick and ran the install while driving home from work. installed without a hitch. took about 30 mins. there are others who have done the same. it's not a big deal.

i didn't leave my car idle while running the update. i simply connected my usb stick and ran the install while driving home from work. installed without a hitch. took about 30 mins. there are others who have done the same. it's not a big deal.

That doesn't change the fact that those that have not had the fan recall performed should have it performed. It also doesn't change the fact that while you may have driven around while doing the update, others may try it while sitting in their driveway idling, which w/ the old fans, and old fan programming can cause a fan failure.

There is a reason the site suggests they go to the dealer to perform the update, it's not just an arbitrary decision.

That doesn't change the fact that those that have not had the fan recall performed should have it performed. It also doesn't change the fact that while you may have driven around while doing the update, others may try it while sitting in their driveway idling, which w/ the old fans, and old fan programming can cause a fan failure.

There is a reason the site suggests they go to the dealer to perform the update, it's not just an arbitrary decision.

well i can certainly understand your concerns with my methods, however...don't you think it's a little irresponsible on Ford's behalf to not provide an explanation as to WHY the update is being withheld from owners who haven't had this update installed yet? We should not have to come on to this forum and dig through several threads to get this info! you won't let me download the update on my SMR, FINE, but GIVE ME A REASON on the site! I am completely certain that i'm not the only owner to have gone to our dealer and have had to inform THEM on software updates for MFT. Now before you quickly respond and say 'well it's unfortunate that your particular dealer isn't up to speed', i'll tell you now, i take my car to multiple service centers (at least 3) and have informed 2 of the the 3 that there is an update and they'll look at me with a blank stare. for those who are curious, one is in Hackensack New Jersey, the other in Manhattan! If this information is so important, it should be made readily available to us.

^^^As I have mentioned several times that the lack of communications between Ford/SMR and the owners is one of the biggest problems that exists.
I too have only learned about the last three upgrade availabilities by being a member of this Forum.

Peter

well i can certainly understand your concerns with my methods, however...don't you think it's a little irresponsible on Ford's behalf to not provide an explanation as to WHY the update is being withheld from owners who haven't had this update installed yet? We should not have to come on to this forum and dig through several threads to get this info! you won't let me download the update on my SMR, FINE, but GIVE ME A REASON on the site! I am completely certain that i'm not the only owner to have gone to our dealer and have had to inform THEM on software updates for MFT. Now before you quickly respond and say 'well it's unfortunate that your particular dealer isn't up to speed', i'll tell you now, i take my car to multiple service centers (at least 3) and have informed 2 of the the 3 that there is an update and they'll look at me with a blank stare. for those who are curious, one is in Hackensack New Jersey, the other in Manhattan! If this information is so important, it should be made readily available to us.

Can't disagree w/ anything you state here, but that doesn't make it correct to distribute the update through back channels and recommend people ignore the warning to go to their dealer. We hope that by coming here owners will be able to be more informed, and help their dealerships be more informed in the process.

That being said, anytime a dealership refuses to do something that syncmyride says they need to, a quick call to IVT support will put everyone on the same page. They will usually contact the dealers service department while you are on the phone and schedule everything for you. They will explain to the dealer exactly what needs to be done, and allow you to set up a follow up call afterward.

:thumbdwn:

Congrats on the Sport though! I've yet to see one in person but am anxious to. I guess I'll go ahead and update her to 3.2.2 and cross my fingers that nothing else goes 1 step forward, 3 steps back.

How did the update go, vurb?

Rebecca

I tried to have the dealer update me to 3.2.2 the same day I had the fan recall done. The dealer's computer would not allow the update until the fan recall work is recorded in the system, about 2 weeks. (confirmed by Rebecca). So, If you haven't had your fan update, you can't get v 3.2.2

Nav up Date

Just checked and I'm v3A for SIM Card, I'll call the dealership about an upgrade. Maybe check the Sync version, I believe I'm v3.2.
How many "Free" upgrades do we get for both Nav & Sync? My EP is 5 weeks old, so am I good for X-months or years?

Just checked and I'm v3A for SIM Card, I'll call the dealership about an upgrade. Maybe check the Sync version, I believe I'm v3.2.
How many "Free" upgrades do we get for both Nav & Sync? My EP is 5 weeks old, so am I good for X-months or years?

IMO - If Ford is sending out an update to "fix" something, I'd expect it to be free each time. Now if they introduce a new feature you can download if you want it, then I can see them adding a price to it.

Hold a tick. I have the version A3 SIM in mine, are you saying that there's a newer one that we should have (and if so, what does it update/fix/add?)

:salute:

Hold a tick. I have the version A3 SIM in mine, are you saying that there's a newer one that we should have (and if so, what does it update/fix/add?)

:salute:
Yes, the latest SD card for navigation is A4. You will need that when you get the latest V3.5.1 installed by the dealership. There has been quite a bit of discussion on it in the 2011 - 2013 Ford Explorer Discussion thread.
You may want to check out;

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372512

Peter

I got upgraded today to 4.5.1 and A4 card. The system speed improved, the weather map is updating although sometimes it takes about 20 mins to get all the overlays buy i can take that, it beats removing the fuses!!! They also did some cosmetic changes. They added the nav icons to the weather map and placed them on the left side. Changes on the rear view camera interface. Overall very pleased with the update!

I got upgraded today to 4.5.1 and A4 card. The system speed improved, the weather map is updating although sometimes it takes about 20 mins to get all the overlays buy i can take that, it beats removing the fuses!!! They also did some cosmetic changes. They added the nav icons to the weather map and placed them on the left side. Changes on the rear view camera interface. Overall very pleased with the update!
I think you meant to say V3.5.1. Did you check your account on syncmyride? If it still shows V3.2.2 then you will have to update it yourself.
Can't say I noticed anything different with the rear view camera.

Peter

I think you meant to say V3.5.1. Did you check your account on syncmyride? If it still shows V3.2.2 then you will have to update it yourself.
Can't say I noticed anything different with the rear view camera.

Peter

Stopped at my dealer yesterday. They had not heard of 3.5.1, but had the A4 card in stock. The advisor checked available upgrades by my serial number and said I should give it a week or so.

Stopped at my dealer yesterday. They had not heard of 3.5.1, but had the A4 card in stock. The advisor checked available upgrades by my serial number and said I should give it a week or so.
Unfortunately, it's sad but true that this seems normal with Ford and its dealers. You'd think that they would wonder why they suddenly received a set of new SD cards. I'm sure that there must have been a notice with them that they didn't bother reading.
I think this update must be being phased in because it applies to ALL 2011 -2013 Edge and Explorers.

Peter

Stand correct 3.5.1!!! yes i still need to do the manual update. I noticed tha the rear view cam on the previous had two arrows for zoom in and zoom out. Now only says zoom, that's it. They also removed an icon that was labeled Cancel on the cam, so if you had it on delay for example and wanted to cancel, just hit it and back to the menu. Now the icon is gone and the only way to get out of it is by changing gears out of reverse.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stand correct 3.5.1!!! yes i still need to do the manual update. I noticed tha the rear view cam on the previous had two arrows for zoom in and zoom out. Now only says zoom, that's it. They also removed an icon that was labeled Cancel on the cam, so if you had it on delay for example and wanted to cancel, just hit it and back to the menu. Now the icon is gone and the only way to get out of it is by changing gears out of reverse.
Okay, I recall the + - buttons now that you mentioned them. I never used them or the Cancel button which I guess was kind of redundant anyway. There is an ON/OFF setting for the delay.

Peter

Back