A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 30 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Okay, I recall the + - buttons now that you mentioned them. I never used them or the Cancel button which I guess was kind of redundant anyway. There is an ON/OFF setting for the delay.

Peter

What if you want the delay on, but right now I'm in drive and just want to turn the camera off. It used to be that you were able to hit cancel, now you have to shift to park and then back to drive (w/out pausing near reverse, or the camera will flip back on again).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Peter, they also removed a cool feature that if you knew the phone number of the place you going like restaurant, etc.... You will just in put the phone number and and then enter and it will find the address for you now it!s worse, so I guess another upgrade will be down the pipe line soon, I wonder who do they listen to to make these stupid changes I liked 3.2.2 better for that reason, now one I like is when you in put a city and state thereis a little tab on the upper right hand side that show numbers of how many location it found but I will keep looking and playing with it. But ford should really send out a survey and then make those changes !!!!!!

What if you want the delay on, but right now I'm in drive and just want to turn the camera off. It used to be that you were able to hit cancel, now you have to shift to park and then back to drive (w/out pausing near reverse, or the camera will flip back on again).
Okay I can see where that would be a bit of a problem but how many times is that done. I've never had a need for it. I back up and then just drive away. If it is a big problem then simply turn the delay off. Although I have my delay set to ON, I don't really see the need for it on an ongoing basis.

Peter

Hi Peter, they also removed a cool feature that if you knew the phone number of the place you going like restaurant, etc.... You will just in put the phone number and and then enter and it will find the address for you now it!s worse, so I guess another upgrade will be down the pipe line soon, I wonder who do they listen to to make these stupid changes I liked 3.2.2 better for that reason, now one I like is when you in put a city and state thereis a little tab on the upper right hand side that show numbers of how many location it found but I will keep looking and playing with it. But ford should really send out a survey and then make those changes !!!!!!
Since I don't get out much, I wouldn't know the phone numbers of any restaurants anyway.;) As for surveys, that could cause even more problems. It seems everyone has their own idea as to how things should work/function so that eventually likely nothing will get done.:scratch:

Peter

I hear you, take care petek9 !!!!!!

Has anyone an idea where to get the A4 Card, except from the dealer? ebay does not offer they yet. The german dealers don´t offer them at all. Of course navigation is not working in Europe, but the card is needed to have the compass display on the drivers display and I wanne keep it working after updating to 3.5.1.

2013 Ex Sport - MFT - Annoyances

FordIVTTeam, I love the interface of the MFT, but have a few annoyances that I hope could be addressed soon. I currently own a 2010 Fusion Hybrid and loved how my Sirius song alerts worked. On my 2013 Ex Sport, not so much. It feels like I am playing a game with the system. It's called "Catch me if you can." The alerts come up and disappear so fast, I am unable to use this feature. On my 2010 Fusion, they would queue up at the bottom of my screen for about 5-10 seconds. This gave me ample time to select one of my favorite artists or songs. On my Ex, about 50% of the time, I hear the alert sound, but nothing displays.

Also, why would you make it so easy to disable alerts? Having this button as the largest button on the alert screen makes it way too easy to accidentally push it.

Also, my iPhone 5 with iOS 6 sounds like utter crap with Sync when I am not speaking. Everyone said it sounds like I am in a wind tunnel. I have run the Sync Checker and everything is up-to-date.

Please help!

Fortunately, I go in Wednesday to get MFT update 3.5.1 and the new A4 Nav card. I hope this helps with the bluetooth quality.

System: MFT
Software: 3.5.1
BUG
Issue: PAN Profile not continuosly activated.
I use my iPhone connected via Bluetooth to the MFT.
Phone works good but I´m using it to connect the cars mobile access point to the internet.
To make this working, I activated the PAN Profile. All okay so far.

But evertime I shut the car down, the PAN mode disables itself again.
So I have to activate it everytime manually again I start driving.
Why can´t it just continue working, when the MFT starts which is extremly annoying especially because I can´t enter the bluetooth access mode window while driving.

Klaus

This new update fixed my poor bluetooth sound quality.

New icon after 3.5.1 update

I did update to 3.5.1 and I see new icon on "INFO" button. Looks like wi-fi symbol. Any ida what is that?

Chris

the blue-tooth issue with the latest updates seems to be resolved now!! I can hear my wife crystal clear when she calls me from the Explorer on her iPhone 4S.

I did update to 3.5.1 and I see new icon on "INFO" button. Looks like wi-fi symbol. Any ida what is that?

Chris
Not really sure what you are talking about. On the MFT screen I show the regular i (Info) House (Home) and clog wheels (Settings).
When I select Info from the left hand screen, there is nothing new there.
Picture?

Peter

Chris

I got that the other day. I've had the 3.51 update for a couple of months now. The other day when I got in the car, the MFT screen didn't come on. Eventually it rebooted & I had the WiFi symbol next to the i button. It rebooted again a few minutes later & the symbol was still there. Then, when I parked the car, it (the car) freaked out & had some warning on the left-hand window about the alarm & to stop it, I needed to start the car. I tried to start the car & it said No Key. Then the alarm went off. I hit the alarm button on the key to stop the alarm & tried starting the car again. Still says no key. If I try to get out, the alarm goes off. I finally got the alarm to stay off & got out to get my cats from the groomer. When I got back in, the car finally started & the WiFi symbol was gone.

Wi-Fi icon

Exactly, this icon only appear during upgrading, when done - icon disappear.

MFT Update

I just received my MFT Update letter today and it shows version 3.5 but I see members stating 3.5.1. Is there an update to the update? Approximately how long does the update really take w/o Nav?

Also received a letter stating the warranty for the API Module will be covered for 5 years instead of 3. Way to go Ford!

I just received my MFT Update letter today and it shows version 3.5 but I see members stating 3.5.1. Is there an update to the update? Approximately how long does the update really take w/o Nav?

Also received a letter stating the warranty for the API Module will be covered for 5 years instead of 3. Way to go Ford!
Two letters. Lucky you. The only letter I have ever received from Ford was shortly after getting my Ex in March 2011. The letter stated that there was going to be a major update to MFT. I was on version 2.4 at the time. Haven't received anything since in the mail. The tech that did the V3.5.1 install did tell me about the increase to 5 years.
The only update to 3.2.2 that I'm aware of is 3.5.1. I have the navigation and those update/upgrades seem to run anywhere from 40 to 60 minutes. No idea how not having nav would impact that time frame.
I'm sure someone will have that answer for you.

Peter

Chris

Hi, Chris!

The Wi-Fi symbol is phone-dependent. Mine does it too when Wi-Fi is turned on, on my phone.

I got that the other day. I've had the 3.51 update for a couple of months now. The other day when I got in the car, the MFT screen didn't come on. Eventually it rebooted & I had the WiFi symbol next to the i button. It rebooted again a few minutes later & the symbol was still there. Then, when I parked the car, it (the car) freaked out & had some warning on the left-hand window about the alarm & to stop it, I needed to start the car. I tried to start the car & it said No Key. Then the alarm went off. I hit the alarm button on the key to stop the alarm & tried starting the car again. Still says no key. If I try to get out, the alarm goes off. I finally got the alarm to stay off & got out to get my cats from the groomer. When I got back in, the car finally started & the WiFi symbol was gone.

Did you ask Crystal (FordCustSrvc) about that, HDJulie? If not, shoot her a private message. It doesn't sound like a MyFord Touch issue since there were more components involved.

:) We aim to please, flyleclair! The update will take approximately 60 minutes.

Two letters. Lucky you. The only letter I have ever received from Ford was shortly after getting my Ex in March 2011. The letter stated that there was going to be a major update to MFT. I was on version 2.4 at the time. Haven't received anything since in the mail. The tech that did the V3.5.1 install did tell me about the increase to 5 years.
The only update to 3.2.2 that I'm aware of is 3.5.1. I have the navigation and those update/upgrades seem to run anywhere from 40 to 60 minutes. No idea how not having nav would impact that time frame.
I'm sure someone will have that answer for you.

Peter

Thanks for answering everyone, Peter! Most of the time, the letters are only sent to the customer that don't have the updates yet. You're always too fast getting them performed. ;)

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back