A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 31 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update successful!

Phone problem!! My update went well. But now my phones connect very erratically. The favorite either connects quickly, or the connecting symbol (the circling arrow) freezes and I have to manually connect. The second phone is about the same but it often does not even try to connect automatically. My phones worked flawlessly with all previous updates (including my '11 Edge). I paired (easily) as recommended. Any ideas?

Phone problem!! My update went well. But now my phones connect very erratically. The favorite either connects quickly, or the connecting symbol (the circling arrow) freezes and I have to manually connect. The second phone is about the same but it often does not even try to connect automatically. My phones worked flawlessly with all previous updates (including my '11 Edge). I paired (easily) as recommended. Any ideas?

Did you perform a Master Reset after the update, PJFW8? If not, I suggest deleting both phones, perform the reset, reboot the phones, and pair again. Here are the instructions for a Master Reset:

Gears > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

Let me know if that helps!

Rebecca

Did you perform a Master Reset after the update, PJFW8? If not, I suggest deleting both phones, perform the reset, reboot the phones, and pair again. Here are the instructions for a Master Reset:

Gears > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

Let me know if that helps!

Rebecca

At your suggestion I did a master reset. No change. Even when it connects automatically (75% of the time) it does not act like previous versions. It rarely looks for the 2nd phone if the favorite is not in the car. The connecting screen doesn't always appear and the phone connection is sometimes very fast, then slow or not at all with no apparent pattern. Very unlike my experience with MyFordtouch in my Ex and 2011 Edge. Odd.

At your suggestion I did a master reset. No change. Even when it connects automatically (75% of the time) it does not act like previous versions. It rarely looks for the 2nd phone if the favorite is not in the car. The connecting screen doesn't always appear and the phone connection is sometimes very fast, then slow or not at all with no apparent pattern. Very unlike my experience with MyFordtouch in my Ex and 2011 Edge. Odd.

Rebecca, My update by edit of 2/11/13 may have been missed. I didn't realize that it does not show as a new post. So here it is! Any thoughts?

Rebecca, My update by edit of 2/11/13 may have been missed. I didn't realize that it does not show as a new post. So here it is! Any thoughts?

Sorry! I didn't see your edited post. What's the make and model of both phones?

Rebecca

Sorry! I didn't see your edited post. What's the make and model of both phones?

Rebecca

Sprint: Sanyo SCP - 3820
Sanyo SCP - 3810

Both worked flawlessly with prior software in my 2012 Ex and 2011 Edge. Connection is successful ~ 75% of the time. I have not noticed any pattern.

Thanks!

Sprint: Sanyo SCP - 3820
Sanyo SCP - 3810

Both worked flawlessly with prior software in my 2012 Ex and 2011 Edge. Connection is successful ~ 75% of the time. I have not noticed any pattern.

Thanks!
Rebecca!
UPDATE: Replaced SCP - 3810 with I 5. Paired easily. Connecting is still erratic. Oddly, the audio turned itself on about 10 minutes into a drive and switched to my I-pod. The system rebooted the next time I turned it on. Otherwise is fine. Not that big of a deal, but there obviously is a glitch in the software (zombies?).

Rebecca!
UPDATE: Replaced SCP - 3810 with I 5. Paired easily. Connecting is still erratic. Oddly, the audio turned itself on about 10 minutes into a drive and switched to my I-pod. The system rebooted the next time I turned it on. Otherwise is fine. Not that big of a deal, but there obviously is a glitch in the software (zombies?).

LOL at zombies!

Are they connecting okay since your MFT rebooted? If not, I'd like you to try to reverse pair the phones. Here are the instructions:

PHONE > ADD DEVICE > FIND OTHER DEVICE

Make sure your phone is in DISCOVERABLE mode. Once you see the name of your phone on MFT, select it. Your phone will see that SYNC is trying to connect to it; you'll want to follow the prompts to allow the connection. Let me know how it goes!

Rebecca

LOL at zombies!

Are they connecting okay since your MFT rebooted? If not, I'd like you to try to reverse pair the phones. Here are the instructions:

PHONE > ADD DEVICE > FIND OTHER DEVICE

Make sure your phone is in DISCOVERABLE mode. Once you see the name of your phone on MFT, select it. Your phone will see that SYNC is trying to connect to it; you'll want to follow the prompts to allow the connection. Let me know how it goes!

Rebecca

After deleting the phone and clearing sync on the phone I did a reverse pairing as you suggested. I'll give it a few days and report. Thanks!

No real change. Connects most of the time. Prior to update it always connected...quickly to the preferred phone and fairly quickly to the 2nd phone (real fast if it was the last one used.) Does not bother me much but a worsening of performance is not a positive step. Once again, MyFord touch turned my Ipod on today even though the audio was off. Spooky.

I noticed that post update, when I say a name (i have iphone 5), it brings up a list of 4 names most of the time, pre update it never did that

My iphone 4S connects as a phone perfectly every time after the most recent update, but my phone does not connect at all as a listed device in the Entertainment section. The only work around is to touch the BT Stereo button and have the EX manually connect each time I get into the vehicle. This did happen every once in a while with the old software and now happens 100% of the time.

I did try deleting my phone and doing a master reset, but it didn't help.

My iphone 4S connects as a phone perfectly every time after the most recent update, but my phone does not connect at all as a listed device in the Entertainment section. The only work around is to touch the BT Stereo button and have the EX manually connect each time I get into the vehicle. This did happen every once in a while with the old software and now happens 100% of the time.

I did try deleting my phone and doing a master reset, but it didn't help.

Lots of us iPhone users have this issue, it's a known bug after v3.5.1

I downloaded and installed version 3.5 to my 2013 Explorer limited successfully. Went back to the SYNC website to confirm the install and it is not possible to do so. A bar graph pops up showing 99 percent complete and the another pop up appears stating

Your SYNC software update was not confirmed successfully.

I spent an hour at this and tried all supported browsers with the appropriate plugins installed, disabled the anti-virus and firewall to no avail. Frustrating.

Went back and tried one more time and the confirmation was successful. Go figure.

Lost SD card

Hello Rebecca .

I feel like such an idiot . I order the New SD card and lost it . Can you please tell me how I can request another one ?

Hello Rebecca .

I feel like such an idiot . I order the New SD card and lost it . Can you please tell me how I can request another one ?

Hey, geminisdc!

You'll have to contact your dealership to order a new SD card. Unfortunately, I don't know if they will charge you for it or not; when you call, make sure to ask.

Rebecca

Lots of us iPhone users have this issue, it's a known bug after v3.5.1

I am having the same issue and now I remember the fix from the 2010 SHO. I erased my phone from MFT and then readded it only I never allowed it to download my phone book into the car. After that it connected to my phone perfectly every time both to make calls and play music. Only issue is that you could not use MFT to dial though the phone book and had to use your phone instead to find numbers.

Going to try this with my sport tomorrow. Only had it since this last Tuesday and today MFT froze as I was entering my neighborhood. I did recover after a couple of mins though. :salute:

I am having the same issue and now I remember the fix from the 2010 SHO. I erased my phone from MFT and then readded it only I never allowed it to download my phone book into the car. After that it connected to my phone perfectly every time both to make calls and play music. Only issue is that you could not use MFT to dial though the phone book and had to use your phone instead to find numbers.

Going to try this with my sport tomorrow. Only had it since this last Tuesday and today MFT froze as I was entering my neighborhood. I did recover after a couple of mins though. :salute:

I was told by IVT Tech to shut off the Auto Phonebook download as well. Worked OK for a couple days but its back to intermittent connectivity and sometimes it wont complete successfully the streaming BT handshake even though the phone is connected already.

The other odd thing is that the APIM didn't clear my previous settings when I did a battery disconnect for over an hour.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update...

Followed someones advice from an earlier post and Ive gotten my sync to work every time since i deleted it and reset mft.

How? When I went to reconnect it, did not connect my phone to MFT, I made MFT search and find my phone and connect that way. So far it has worked nearly perfectly. On one occasion it connected but I could not control my music, still played though.:thumbsup:

Back