A Michigan Meet and Greet? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A Michigan Meet and Greet?

Maybe some other time :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im still down for a meet and greet, i would just prefer to have you ride along for the most part. There may be a few level 1 trails there that with an aggressive set of tires you could run with 2wd, but i wouldnt plan on it. A lot of times its more fun with a passenger too.

I would like to be a passenger! I can then learn alot too!

Well I'm down for this.

Once you guys get a date together, I'm free as long as I get a 2 week notice on when, and it's not a sunday. Working at an O'Reilly auto parts has it's advantages and disadvantages. I don't ever get a sunday off. lol.

One of the parks sounds fun. But I don't know about driving more than like 4-5 hours up north. I like you guys, just not 5 hours times 75 mph divided by 14 mpg at $4/gal worth of liking you guys, lol.

Im open for anywhere the last weekend of september, and given that i just financed a newer ride im liking the thought of a day trip to a park more than the long drive for a long weekend up north. A park more central, maybe bundy hill would be better for me, but i would love to go to mounds too.

hey guys just seeing this! but i would totally be in for a run to mt morris or bundy. i have a mountaineer i finally built up. it wil have the TT/shackles with 31's before we go. i will advise i havent actually been to mt morris or any real offroad park but i live in lansing would be fun to go. let me know if we get a date. i dont know if the last week of september will work. i can do a sunday though the 30th if you guys would be in.

also rickybobby i saw you went on a colour run? how was that last year? is it much offroading/ oppurtunites to get muddy?

also rickybobby i saw you went on a colour run? how was that last year? is it much offroading/ oppurtunites to get muddy?

Last year i couldnt get any people together so i stuck to the roads, but i did spend a few hours cruising one lane unmaintained roads in Antrim county near the jordan river valley. It is beautiful country up there, but given i just bought a newer Envoy i kinda want to stay closer to home this year

until I can figure out my truck trouble I cant...got in an accident and now i need to do some body work and engine work:"(

That sucks MyTrac, but im still up for making a day trip to bundy or mt morris the last weekend of september instead of going up north if that works for everybody else. I would like to know soon though, so i can plan my finances accordingly

id be in for that sunday for a ride at bundy or mounds. never been to either. so sunday the 30th works for me otherwise im pretty tied up. with school/ work

Anybody else wanna chime in for a date? sunday the 30th works great for me, but we need something concrete to make a plan, and we need to pick a location as well

How does Sunday the 30th September at the mounds?

okay so lets plan on the mounds then the 30th. the park opens at noon. i have church till 1215. so i would like to meet up maybe around 115 130? the park is open until sunset so plenty of time to ride!
Its located on Mt. Morris road. There is a BP gas station at dort hwy and mt morris road as far as i can remember (been a while since ive been up there) but itd be cool to meet there and then all ride in together. how does that sound?
its 11.00 for a non resident. im not sure if we need orange flags or not.
anyone for sure in with this time frame?

I'm in for the 30th. I might be able to get a few others in non-explorer vehicles to come. The time works fine for me, and you don't need orange flags but you do need an up to date ORV tag

well i may not be able to do this now... i have to replace both upper control arms. fix drivers window. camber kit. get an alignment. buy tires. i should get it done in a month but if i dont i wont be able to go. cause these take priority.

As long as there will be somebody else there im in for the 30th for sure, all i have to do is change my trans filter and im good to go, may try to get discount to swap my tire under the road hazzard, but if they wont ill just wheel anyway

I'm going to be a no for now.... I got all my parts ordered waiting for them to come now. Hopefully this weekend they will all get put on. If I get all that stuff done. Hopefully I can get the alignment finally done and look at tires again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

guys, i just re-read the thread, and by going sunday we are excluding BradR, im okay with any day that weekend, so would it work for everybody if we do saturday the 29'th so Brad can come out too?

Back