A Michigan Meet and Greet? | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A Michigan Meet and Greet?

I'll be down at the shop tomorrow. I'll chat with Jay and Aaron and find out the plan. Usually we get there right around opening. Wouldn't be an issue to go play a couple hours then meet back up in the lot.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cool. And yeah no problem with that. Any ideas on where I could get a flag? I mocked up a flag mount with a borrowed flag a while back, but if it doesn't work for the new flag, does anybody know a cheap and easy mount? I do have front tow hooks that I could rig it to

I have extra flags, I could bring one along. If you'd rather buy one they sell them at Bundy for $20 I believe. All you need to mount them is a bracket with a hole big entity for a 1/2" bolt to fit through. A lot of people mount them right behind their tow hook.

Thatd be great if you could bring the extras. Im still tryin to wrangle up some friends

I might have to back out. I have developed a nifty little rumble from the left front when turning right. It sounds more like a tire rub than a bearing noise, but i did put a real cheap bearing in it back in october.

March 29th right?
I think Spring Break got canceled!

March 30th..... Saturday

Hey guys. So a little update
I'm finally about to leave the house after being in the hospital for 7 days with a ruptured appendix. I do not think I will be able to come
I can not lift over 30 pounds for 2 months so I am practically helpless if anything that breaks.

Sorry guys. Next run in may I am in! Plus I can't even lift my new tires to put them on.

Glad to hear you're getting better Brandon. Did you end up needing that second surgery?

Wes texted me....he is out(No truck), and Tyler texted me.. he is out also(Dying truck). Mickey texted me, he is on call for that saturday so hes a maybe. Jesse has a bad wheel bearing(possibly) so hes a maybe

And then there were two lol:

Kerry, and I

i feel horrible... i really really want to go. hey maybe i can just go an ride with you?
i just dont think i can take my truck and reliably need to do anything. i mean i cant even medically cleared to lift over 35 lbs for 4-6 weeks. so would be kinda hard to change even a simple tire!

My possibly failing bearing isnt gonna stop me at this point, after Moab im gonna part the POS out anyway, and as soon as the snow stops its gonna get parked. So as long as i dont have to work ill be there.

Is this the sort of thing I could bring a bone stock truck out to?
I have a 99EB AWD, bone stock. It has the running boards, no flag mount, no skid plates or anything. The only thing I've changed on it are the tires; I have Firestone Destination A/Ts on it.

I have never taken a vehicle off-roading before so I don't know the first thing about it.

You could get to certain areas there, but a lot of the trails would be too much. I'd say your best bet is to come to one of these events and ride along with someone and get a feel for the sport. Be ready to become addicted.

Looks like I am out, traveling for work. Scheduled to be gone until next Tuesday, but hoping to wrap up early and get back before the weekend. I'll let everyone know if changes.

I'm flying out this afternoon, so I'll know Thursday whether I'll be back in time. If I can be back I will be in for sure.

Looks like its down to me and steve. Im still in if you are

talked to kazer last night he is still in. i will be riding with kazer. i want to take my truck so bad but just isnt a good idea until i can lift stuff and actually be useful on the trail if needed

Things have come up, and with only 2 trucks going, I'm out for this time.

We could try this again in a month or two probably.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

KCameron, If you make it Ill still show. I'm just not comfortable going if i dont have at least 1 other rig to run with. Especially considering that I'll have a 6yo with me this time.

Back