A-piller Guage pods? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A-piller Guage pods?

If you get rid of it I'll take it off yer hands.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Andrew check PM's

Sorry, I was reffering to RiverRat's dual gauge pod.

I was just going to ask you that...LOL

Matt I would like to say thanks for extending the steering colum gauge pod to us. I set up my A/F gauge in there with the A pillar gauges it looks great and was a great addition to the **** pit.
Jeff

Originally posted by ipozestu
Matt I would like to say thanks for extending the steering colum gauge pod to us. I set up my A/F gauge in there with the A pillar gauges it looks great and was a great addition to the **** pit.
Jeff

Your Welcome! I always love to pass on any finds I have made to the great people of this site. I am glad to hear it worked out for you. Got pictures? I love the way mine look! :cool:

I got a question... I'm about to install a double gauge pod on my wife's Sport with trans and engine oil temp gauges but need to know which gauges you guys used... I have bought mechanical gauges and just don't know if I have enough wire on those gauges to get where I need to go hooking these babies up. Engine oil temp sensor might not be as much problem as the trans oil temp sensor... what do you guys think?

also, getting these babies through a firewall is gonna be a b***, right?

Going through the firewall shouldn't be too hard. I normally pull out one of the rubber plugs to get stuff through. Also, a general rule is that if there is nothing on one side of the firewall there is nothing on the other side.

Ask for pics and thou shall recieve:
15573dsc00132.jpg

15573dsc00143.jpg

I'd like to add.... I painted mine the color of the interior...

and shall be installing them today.
:D

I thought about painting them. I got this whole black and gey thing all over my interior so I just figured that I would leave it. Does that sound like a cop out? LOL

With all that work that you've done to your truck lately- this should be fairly easy to do. Cop out?!? I don't think so- I think you're just tired. :D

lol, seriously though the trim around the gauge bezel is black, radio bezel is black, shift boot black. so I thought it fit fine.

well.... gauges are in and look mighty good..... now I need to get some couplers and adapters to plug them in..... but! question.... where did you guys spliced the wires for the backlight in the gauges??? I don't have wiring diagrams for the 98 and don't know which wire is what........ do have one for 94 though..

thanks,

Dre put a meter on your dimmer switch. On the '98 if I remember right it was a brown and red wire. I would test the wires back there to see which one registers 12v with the lights on, 0v with them off, and the voltage changes as you rotate the dimmer. This how I found the wire. Good luck,
Jeff

found it... it's a red wire with black stripe.... I took the front panel off (radio and climate control) and looked closely at the wiring... and found the right wire.... now my gauges light-up properly but still don't do nothing else except look good... still need to know which adapters to buy to splice into the tranny line to the cooler and adapter for the oil pan.... sh** I should of thoght about it at the beginning.... really... I though that gauges come complete.... but they look good. Pix comming soon... as soon as I can find a moment tomorrow to take them. I have used some fancy little bolts to attach pod to the pillar.... and cut pilalr open to run the wires.... now it looks like it came this way from the factory especially with gauges green backlight.
:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here are mine.

May as well post some pics of my pod. Now that we know the F-150 steering column pod fits, I'm getting one.

4434explorer_gauge_pod_01.jpg

Back