• Register Today It's free!

A4LD Vacuum Modulator Pin length

backshot

Reaction score
City, State
SE Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 explorer Eddie Bauer
A few years ago a friend had her vacuum modulator replaced by a "mechanic". The next day she told me it was not shifting right & over revved on the 1-2 shift. I told her I thought he forgot put the pin back in. She took it back & he said the pin was in there & told her she needed a trans rebuild. Since she wasn't about to pay $2500 for a truck she just used to haul mulch & topsoil she just carefully drove it that way for about 5 years.

She then gave the truck to my son & we removed the modulator & guess what? NO PIN! The trans shifts great after the 1-2 overspeed so I believe the tranny is still good, however finding a pin has been extremely hard. I'm sure I can make one if I had the spec's as far as length. Years ago I made them for C-4 & C-6 trannies but had the old one to compare. Does anyone have the length or know where I can look it up? Thanks for any help! Love my FORDS!

A4LD Modulator pin.JPG

Thanks! That is just what I was looking for. I knew there was plenty of expert advice here. Thanks again!

Thanks! That is just what I was looking for. I knew there was plenty of expert advice here. Thanks again!
I tried that length(1.450”) for my 1994 Ranger with the A4LD Transmission and it was far too Long.Transmission wouldn’t shift. I reduced the length to 1.200” and it works perfectly.

Back