Abs light on and 4x4 high light flashing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Abs light on and 4x4 high light flashing

Eric Bilbay

Reaction score
City, State
Jersey Shore
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 ford explorer xlt
Hello everyone, i am new to this forum stuff. I have been reading over some of the forums and i am hoping someone might be able to help me out.I have a 2004 explorer. The abs light is on all the time and once i get up to speed the 4x4 high light flashes 8 times and goes off for a few minutes the does it again. If I slow down or come to a stop the 4x4 light won't come on. But the abs light stays on all the time. Does anyone have any ideas what could be

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

read the ABS codes with ForScan or some other OBDII reader...

Most likely one of the wheel speed sensors is bad.
@TechGuru @Eric Bilbay
My experience with those same indicators turned out to be a dead ABS Module. The 4X4 HIGH light flashing was an indication that the 4X4 function had been disabled by the PCM. When this flashing light occurs, try turning on the Speed Control. In my '04, that too was disabled. imp

Hello everyone, i am new to this forum stuff. I have been reading over some of the forums and i am hoping someone might be able to help me out.I have a 2004 explorer. The abs light is on all the time and once i get up to speed the 4x4 high light flashes 8 times and goes off for a few minutes the does it again. If I slow down or come to a stop the 4x4 light won't come on. But the abs light stays on all the time. Does anyone have any ideas what could be
Check front wheel sensors.

Back