ABS Wheel Speed Sensor

Francisco 45475270

Reaction score
City, State
Vermont
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005, Explorer
Hi All,

New member here. Very grateful for this forum as it has already saved me huge mechanic bills (changed my oil pressure sender and sway bar links with instructions from here). A couple of weeks ago I got the same problem that some other members have had: the ABS, ADVTRAC and 4x4 High lights going off. After some research on the forum I found out the wheel speed sensor was the most likely culprit (also got a scanner to know which side was the issue). I ordered a new sensor, changed it and cleared the error codes. It worked fine for a while but then failed again. Only this time the warning lights are on all the time. The scanner pulls error code C1145-E0 right front wheel speed sensor input circuit failure. I have checked the bearings and they seem to be ok. I'm guessing it might be the wire harness where the abs sensor plugs in. Anyone has had this problem before?

thanks!

It may be the wire, could be the plug in the bearing, could be a corroded connection.

It could be your bearing. You will not be able to test for a bad bearing by moving the wheel/knuckle. The allowable tolerance is almost not measurable by the eye.

Back