and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

AC Blower not working

Discussion in 'Explorer, Ranger, A/C & Heater systems HVAC' started by mrplow, August 21, 2009.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. mrplow

mrplow New Member

City, State:
      Florida
      Year and Model:
      '98 Sport
      The blower in my 1998 Sport stopped working a few weeks ago. Before it completely stopped working, the fan would always be at speed 1 even if the knob was turned up to 4. I've read about the blower motor resistors, I just want to see if the blower not working at all was still as symptom of a bad blower motor resistor; or if there is something else I should check before I replace the resistor.

Thanks.

EDIT: After some more research, it sounds like if the resistor were bad, the motor would still run on the highest fan setting, but I get nothing. I'm going to check the voltage at various locations to see if I can narrow down the issues.

Were is the blower motor relay located on a 1998 Sport?

Thanks

Last edited: August 21, 2009
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.