• Register Today It's free!

AC help needed

Niq1104

Reaction score
City, State
SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I apologize for my questions but I'm new to the site and realize that I'm going to have to maintenance my truck on my own and just want to do it right. I had a friend put freon in my truck because the AC has a slow leak and it needed to be tapped off. Well it turns out he doesn't know what he's doing. And I can't tell ypu what he actually did. He said he added the Freon but now the AC blows out hotter than heck now. Someone please show me in a pic where do I add the Freon and why do you think it's blowing so hot now.

Sounds like a blend gate issue... plenty of write ups on this forum for blend gate. it controls the mixture between hot and cold air.

Just adding refridgerant from a can is the wrong way to do it. You can get a harbor freight vacuum manifold gauge set and a vacuum pump and do it right. Don't get one of the hand vacuum pumps, get the electric or the compressor powered one.

I did my ac on my truck, I changed all seals then recharged it with r151A which is computer duster. It gets the ac colder than the crap they sell in stores and it''s a lot cheaper. There are tutorials for this on youtube as well.

Back