• Register Today It's free!

Actron CP9580A vs Innova 3150

1998rollover

Reaction score
City, State
Weiser, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer
Both say they read ABS codes, the Innova also says it does SRS. Both say they're upgradeable/updateable.

Problem is I can't find anywhere what additional vehicles, codes etc have been added. Even on the manufacturer websites they just have the lists from the time when they were introduced.

The Actron shows some models up to 2010, the Innova claims support up through 2006.

Sound off if you own one of these, have updated it to the latest software and have used it on any vehicles newer than 2010 or 2006.

If you know or know where to find the current capabilities of these scanners, that would also be very nice.

I want to get a scanner that does ABS codes and don't want to buy an expensive paperweight that won't work with vehicles I own or may soon own!

For example, I had a 1995 Buick Century, was going to get an OBD1 scanner but found out that no scanner on the market supports that specific model because GM used unique ECU software for the 1994 and 1995 Century.

I just got the CP9600 cause I have an ABS light (bad hubs I think, maybe just bad sensors) and despite the info on their website, the in-app purchase mechanism says the ABS codes are unavailable for my model. Otherwise it seems to work great... Let's see how responsive customer service is...

Back