Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Advancing songs on Spotify and Carplay

Discussion in '2017+ Sync 3 / In Vehicle Technology' started by jdgonzalez, December 18, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. jdgonzalez

jdgonzalez New Member

City, State:
      Cedar Park, Texas
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2017 Explorer Limited
      I just picked up my 2017 Explorer Limited the other day and was excited to play with Apple Carplay. For the most part it works as I expected. But one thing I can't seem to figure out is how to advance to the next song using the steering wheel controls when using spotify with Carplay. I can go to the center console and hit the seek button but no luck using the steering wheel controls. Am I missing something?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. DanF861

DanF861 New Member

City, State:
      Minneapolis, MN
      2017 Explorer Sport
      I had the same question a week ago. Use the arrow buttons on the right side of the steering wheel with the Bluetooth phone controls.

4. jdgonzalez

jdgonzalez New Member

City, State:
      Cedar Park, Texas
      2017 Explorer Limited
      Instead of using the arrows i used the dual purpose answer/hang up buttons. I looked at the symbols and noticed they are forward and backward arrows. That made my day.