• Register Today It's free!

After Market Hood?

Maxstealth04

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 XLT
Anyone know where I can get a good looking aftermarket hood? I have looked ALLL over the internet and have not found anything for a 05 Explorer. Will a hood of another vehicle fit perfectly? Or do I have to make my own?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone know where I can get a good looking aftermarket hood? I have looked ALLL over the internet and have not found anything for a 05 Explorer. Will a hood of another vehicle fit perfectly? Or do I have to make my own?

Probably going to have to be custom or DIY. What style are you after?

Sadly to most manufacturers like Cervini there is not a market for Explorer accessories.

1253055144447100.jpg

now that's a damn sexy hood

That is very SEXY!!!! One down fall:

Professional Installation by an experienced custom body shop is recommended as parts are After Market and not OEM. Modifications may be necessary to insure proper fitment and may include cutting, trimming, filling, sanding, and customizing.

Professional Installation is Recommended.

That is very SEXY!!!! One down fall:

Professional Installation by an experienced custom body shop is recommended as parts are After Market and not OEM. Modifications may be necessary to insure proper fitment and may include cutting, trimming, filling, sanding, and customizing.

Professional Installation is Recommended.

coming from a guy who drilled 15 holes in his roof..... just buy the hood and learn as you go. professional installation is recommended, not required. you've got a whole website of people to turn to if you have problems getting it to fit

edit: you want to build hoods for third gens, but you don't think you can modify this hood? i'm confused

It can be done, but if I am spending $800 on a hood, it better bolt right on! lol!

Yeah, that is my plan. Going to buy 2 of those, make one for me and have another if someone wants one made for them on here I can do it. Than do a deposit on them, if you send me back your stock hood you get it back kind of thing. Cause as of now I just sit on my butt 24/7 cause I am a Disabled Veteran so it will also give me something to do.

Yeah, that is my plan. Going to buy 2 of those, make one for me and have another if someone wants one made for them on here I can do it. Than do a deposit on them, if you send me back your stock hood you get it back kind of thing. Cause as of now I just sit on my butt 24/7 cause I am a Disabled Veteran so it will also give me something to do.

let me know when you start on them. i can come down to you and help for sure

LOL, idk man, will be doing it in a 10' by 5' shed. If you want to i cant say no, but will be a tight fit.

LOL, idk man, will be doing it in a 10' by 5' shed. If you want to i cant say no, but will be a tight fit.

****ttttt, i'm down, lol. idk how to fiberglass or weld but i'm polish so i'll figure it out pretty quick!

I would love to find a 3rd gen parts car somewhere to play with. Im currently thinking of things to build out of our '98 which the body cant be used since I ruined the a pillar, but OEM looking aftermarket hood, I've had this in mind and my dad said "haven't they found it's easier to capture the aire from the underside than from on top of the hood"

Subscribin in case Max gets some pics. Always wanted to do this to my 2nd gen.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will not be till summer tho guys, so I will post pics when it starts. I am going to buy 2 factory hoods and a crap ton of different styles of scoops to play with. Than I will have my hood and prob kazers hood in-case someone wants me to make one for them. I will prob charge $150 deposit that you can get back if you send me your stock hood. Not sure on the price yet, because I am waiting till it is warm to even start. It will come primered unless you want it duplicolor painted for a lil extra so you do not have to get it painted.

Back