Aftermarket Gauges - Gauge Pods

deadlyapp

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Hi all,
I come from a history of boosted cars, starting with a twin turbo 3000gt and have now made my way to a 2015 sport which is actually becoming more of my "hobby" vehicle. I will ultimately be tuning using the Livernois (more than likely) but am also used to having a more persistent way to monitor performance, through gauges or datalogging.

I went through the forums and couldn't find anyone who had installed aftermarket gauges, or a gauge pod on this series. I know gauge pods on the A-pillar are very polarizing, especially if done badly, and I can't honestly picture how it would look, but I'm interested in trying.

Right now I'm scoping out buying a spare A-pillar trim (they look to go for about $80 new) and building a mold so I can make a full fiberglass unit to replace the existing. Ultimately I'd probably need to replace the passenger side too with a matching fiberglass unit. Do our cars share interior body panels with any of the turbo diesel fords (there are custom A-pillar pods for the Super Dutys)?

Has anybody done this or seen this done on this series of the Ex? Right now I would plan on monitoring boost/vac and also installing a wideband, perhaps oil pressure as well - I want to make sure I'm future proof.

Back