Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Aftermarket keypad location

Discussion in 'Modified 2006 - 2010 Explorers' started by Avonedwins, December 15, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Avonedwins

Avonedwins New Member

City, State:
      FL
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2008 Ford Explorer XLT
      im adding the FoMoCo keypad entry to my 08 Explorer. I would like to avoid putting it on the paint and inside the gas door isn’t an option with the way the gas fill seals. Anyone else put one on in a somewhat hidden position? Pics are appericiated. Thanks all.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Trac Marks

Trac Marks Active Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      Sport Trac
      Can't think of anyplace where it'd be usable yet hidden. Put one of those years ago on our Escape. Just before trading it, I removed it. The double sided tape residue was a little messy, but didn't damage the paint in any way, if that is a concern for you. Right above the door handle seems like the best spot.