1. for access to Ford Explorer and Ranger owner generated reviews and discussion, tech tips, how to articles, off-road modifications, events, and more! Since 1996 we have been the #1 Ford Explorer resource on the Internet. We also cover the Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

aftermarket radio install

Discussion in 'Modified 1995-2001 Explorers' started by 99XLT-Explorer, September 25, 2012.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. 99XLT-Explorer

99XLT-Explorer Active Member

City, State:
      inverness FL
      Year and Model:
      1999 xlt explorer 4.0SOHC
      hey guys tomorrow im going to pick me up a kenwood or pioneer head unit along with the installation kit i picked up the female plug harness. the one where you have to splice in a aftermarket radio plug. also i have the most basic audio system that came with the explorer. the reason for getting the new HU is i wanted some better sound from the stock speaker and im also going to be putting in an amp and 12in sub what im asking for is install pictures and stuff i for the most part know what im doing but if i could get some pictures it would make me understand it more thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. 4rd4life

4rd4life Active Member

City, State:
      nj
      Year and Model:
      99 xlt 4wd