and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Aftermarket radio with OEM power antenna?

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by nickmobile67, December 26, 2009.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. nickmobile67

nickmobile67 New Member

City, State:
      New Jersey
      Year and Model:
      1998 Sport
      I got my mom a new Pioneer DEH11E for her 98 explorer for christmas. It works great but the factory power antenna won't go up. How do I hook up the power antenna again? I used metra adapters so no cutting or splicing at all. I still have two empty plugs from the original radio behind the dash. Thanks!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. $TheMoneyPit$

$TheMoneyPit$ New Member

City, State:
      elkton maryland
      Year and Model:
      1992 mazda navajo&97 xlt
      off of your head unit there is a blue wire sometimes with a white tracer it says power antenna that should be your answer to it if you have any more questions message me

4. nickmobile67

nickmobile67 New Member

City, State:
      New Jersey
      Year and Model:
      1998 Sport
      There was one blue wire with a tag on it that said "remote" or something like that. Which wire in the car does it get hooked to?

5. $TheMoneyPit$

$TheMoneyPit$ New Member

City, State:
      elkton maryland
      Year and Model:
      1992 mazda navajo&97 xlt
      the remote is for a amp its the signal wire that tells the amp to turn on there has to be a power attenna wire somewhere

6. vinceschilke

vinceschilke New Member

City, State:
      Orland Park, Illinois
      Year and Model:
      '97 Mountaineer AWD 5.0L
      hey, did you ever fix your problem. i cant figure mine out either. i have a 97 mountaineer and the antenna wont work either....radio works fine, but no power to the antenna

7. BrianDye

BrianDye I'll have another... Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Monroe, MI
      Year and Model:
      2006 XLT
      The remote wire should also work fine. Its usually a blue wire with a white stripe if the unit has a dedicated power antenna output.

If you have it hooked to the power antenna output and the antenna wont go up, check the radios menus, mine is fully selectable for the power antenna (Have it up when the radios on, up only when the source is Tuner, or always down)