• Register Today It's free!

ahhhh winter....

Hotweels

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary,AB
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 EB
thats it.... i give up.... i sooooo hate winter in alberta.... can i get a a'men? :fire:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

-36 degree windchill forecasted for tonight. Weekend is looking to be daytime high in the low -20s.

:)

wow -36.. it was 27 degress here i love winter....when i lived in upstate NY the coldest i saw was -19(for a week tho)..

-36 degree windchill forecasted for tonight. Weekend is looking to be daytime high in the low -20s.

:)
------------
I'm cold just thinking about that -36 de. Daytime -25 de? :eek: What kind of engine heaters do you guys use up there?

------------
I'm cold just thinking about that -36 de. Daytime -25 de? :eek: What kind of engine heaters do you guys use up there?

Available to us, bock heater, oil pan heater, transmission heater, gas tank heater, coolant heater, battery heater, and the good old magnet heater.

I personally have block and oil pan. When it dips below -30 I let the vehicle warm up a few minutes before driving off. When it dips below -40, I let the vehicle warm up for about 20 minutes, then I drive off REALLY slow for a few blocks. If it goes down to -64 like it did a few winters ago, I don't go anywhere because the gas in my gas tank becomes a huge frozen ice cube (true story, happened in my Cavalier Z24).

Back