Dismiss Notice

to owner generated reviews, discussion, tech tips, and more! The #1 Ford Explorer enthusiast resource on the Internet since 1996. We also cover the Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Air conditioning stopped working

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by bservinski, June 18, 2017 at 11:35 AM.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. bservinski

bservinski New Member

City, State:
      DOWAGIAC
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2007 explorer 4x4 xlt
      I have a 2007 explorer xlt 4x4. Yesterday my ac compressor froze up while the car was running. I turned to ac off. Then when i turned the ac back on the compressor spins but no cold air comes out of the vents. Any help or ideas what to check would be appreciated

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. bservinski

bservinski New Member

City, State:
      DOWAGIAC
      2007 explorer 4x4 xlt
      It has the 4.0 engine

4. Domdigity

Domdigity New Member

City, State:
      Reno, NV
      2008, Explorer XLT
      I had an issue with only hot air coming through the vents, no matter what setting I had it on. Thought that it was AC unit, but turned out the air blend door motor was stuck in only 1 position - HOT.

I believe there was a thread on here about replacing that. I have an '08, so I'm not sure if the location is different or not just behind the foot vent on the driver side of the center console.

5. MotorCityFats13

MotorCityFats13 Active Member

City, State:
      Flatrock MI
      2007 Explorer XLT 4.0L
      when you turn on the ac feel the lines.... one should be hot/warm and other should be cold.... if both lines are warm then the compressor is not pumping refrigerant, if one is cold then I would suspect a blend door system failure....I suspect your lines will both be hot/warm

6. bservinski

bservinski New Member

City, State:
      DOWAGIAC
      2007 explorer 4x4 xlt
      Its not the blend door. I replaced that over the winter. I get heat when i turn it to hot and get whatever the outside temp is when i put it to cold.