• Register Today It's free!

Air conditioning stopped working

bservinski

Reaction score
City, State
DOWAGIAC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 explorer 4x4 xlt
I have a 2007 explorer xlt 4x4. Yesterday my ac compressor froze up while the car was running. I turned to ac off. Then when i turned the ac back on the compressor spins but no cold air comes out of the vents. Any help or ideas what to check would be appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2007 explorer xlt 4x4. Yesterday my ac compressor froze up while the car was running. I turned to ac off. Then when i turned the ac back on the compressor spins but no cold air comes out of the vents. Any help or ideas what to check would be appreciated
It has the 4.0 engine

I had an issue with only hot air coming through the vents, no matter what setting I had it on. Thought that it was AC unit, but turned out the air blend door motor was stuck in only 1 position - HOT.

I believe there was a thread on here about replacing that. I have an '08, so I'm not sure if the location is different or not just behind the foot vent on the driver side of the center console.

when you turn on the ac feel the lines.... one should be hot/warm and other should be cold.... if both lines are warm then the compressor is not pumping refrigerant, if one is cold then I would suspect a blend door system failure....I suspect your lines will both be hot/warm

Its not the blend door. I replaced that over the winter. I get heat when i turn it to hot and get whatever the outside temp is when i put it to cold.

Back