for access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Airbag Code 51

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by favila, September 7, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. favila

favila New Member

City, State:
      Los Angeles
      Year and Model:
      2003 Explorer Sport
      Hey guys, I have a 2003 Ford Explorer Sport with a manual transmission and 100,000 miles on it.

I recently started getting an intermittent airbag code 51 combined with the seat belt light flashing and chiming.

It doesn't do it all the time. Maybe every 1 out of 5 times that I start and drive the car.

Any help that would point me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.