Airbag light | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Airbag light

Well that doesn't sound good at all. I have no idea if mine was flashing anything before I replaced the clockspring because the bulb was burned out and I replaced it the same day. Then the beeping finally stopped and the incessant flashing began. Does anyone know how to make it go away?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If anyone knows what a 1 9 code is I would be eternally grateful.
Lamp Flash Code 19 means that the RCM Crash Data Memory is full. In other words, at some time in the past, the airbags have deployed and the record of the event is recorded in the Restraints Control Module. The troubleshooting procedure says that the RCM must be replaced to clear LFC 19.

That's weird... I never saw a code 19 ever, until a few days ago. I've had the truck for almost 5 years. All of a sudden it popped up at the same time my 34 code disappeared. There was no deployment of the airbag between the time the 19 wasn't there and the time it appeared (actually never, as far as I know).

THANK YOU!!! You don't know how nice it is to just get an answer. Dealerships are so evasive when it comes to this stuff. So is this one of those "you're screwed go pay a million dollars at the dealership" type things or something a normal person can do on their own?

I tried the Airbag trick here on a 00 Limited, except for two things.
First i couldn't figure out how to unclip the connector, but i stopped trying to force it because I noticed on the passenger's seat, the yellow clip isn't connected to a cap, theres a wire on both ends of it, the end facing the front of the vehicle has a wire with a white sticker on it, but I couldn't tell what it said. I did notice after wiggling the connectors that now the light doesn't flash. It stays on a bit longer then the other lights on the dash, then goes out and seems to stay out (I didn't look for long, but normally i think it would start flashing immediatly.)

Does this mean it has side airbags, or did I have the wrong connector?

The trucks with the side airbags will have a connection under each front seat, instead of a dummy end plug.

The trucks with the side airbags will have a connection under each front seat, instead of a dummy end plug.

So since i noticed the "Yellow Plug" having a cable coming out both ends, it has side airbags?

I would say yes by that description, the side air bag is up inside the seat.

I would say yes by that description, the side air bag is up inside the seat.

Thanks! We bought it used earlier this year, so im still figuring out what stuff it has that isn't obvious.

Is it possible to get the original Sales/Features/Specs list based on the VIN or something?

--Matt

Do check with a dealer about recalls with the VIN, but it won't tell you much that we cannot here. You have every option available except just possibly a couple. You may not have the rear diff. with traction lock, towing package, mobile phone, or rear air leveling shocks. Almost everything is standard on the 2000 Limited. Most of that you can figure out quickly on your own.

You might hunt on eBay for literature for the truck, the owners manual is always there.

Do check with a dealer about recalls with the VIN, but it won't tell you much that we cannot here. You have every option available except just possibly a couple. You may not have the rear diff. with traction lock, towing package, mobile phone, or rear air leveling shocks. Almost everything is standard on the 2000 Limited. Most of that you can figure out quickly on your own.

You might hunt on eBay for literature for the truck, the owners manual is always there.

I know it has the backup system, the mach audio system w/ Sub, and the moonroof, I also think it has the air shocks as I have heard it "lower" when the car is turned off sometimes. I'm not sure about the other stuff. (To be honest, im not sure what a "Rear diff. with traction lock" is. I'm not much of a car person lol).

--Matt

One rear tire spins in the mud or rain, most common(open rear).

Well I went out today and now it's back to flashing, code 36 I believe, but I don't see that listed in the air bag light list.

Whats code 36?

--Matt

The yellow plug is suppose to be connected to a resistor.

Let me make sure I have the right piece, is this the yellow connector?
img2644xx8.jpg

Because this is the other end of it:
img2660ew4.jpg

That Black thing w/ the white, is a black cable with a white sticker thats peeling off. You can see the white sticker in the first pic, where the cable snakes to the right. (I Cant read what it says, and didn't want to pull the sticker off.

--Matt
P.S. Sorry for the large pictures, just wanted them to be clear.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back