All 2017 models get Sync 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All 2017 models get Sync 3

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As someone who had only experienced the original Sync (via our 2011 Fusion) prior to getting the new Explorer I will say that Sync 3 is amazing. Everything seems much, much easier to do with Sync 3. I'm sure having a display screen plays into this a bit (Fusion doesn't have Nav), but seeing the song and artist being played (versus 'streaming media device' or whatever it says) is great. The calls seem to be a lot clearer, too. My mother-in-law can't even tell we're in the car half the time. Also really like using the Android apps on the display. While we already have Nav built-in, sometimes Google Maps is more 'accurate' (especially in regards to slow traffic, accidents, etc) so it's nice to be able to use it and have it show on the display versus my phone (not to mention not having to worry about where to 'mount' the phone.) The only other app I use is Domino's, but I'm sure for those who use Spotify, iHeartRadio or Pandora being able to use those apps easily is a Godsend, too.

I always enjoyed Sync in the Fusion, but it felt more 'gimmicky' back then to me (kind of like Kinect in our Xbox One's, haha.) Sync 3 feels a lot more useful and 'user friendly' than the original and that's a great thing. :)

I just wish Sync Connect was in every vehicle as well.............

Interesting that Sync 3 is faster than MFT, I would like to think that they could have an update for MFT that could enhance the operating system (OS), similar to what Apple does with OS's. Also, the part that I was most interested in was glossed over, does the Apps button finally work or not?

Sync 3 is a lot more than a software upgrade...... A lot of hardware upgrade as well

Sync 3 is a lot more than a software upgrade...... A lot of hardware upgrade as well

I don't disagree, but there is a lot that can be done with a software/firmware update that could potentially make it more efficient.

Interesting that Sync 3 is faster than MFT, I would like to think that they could have an update for MFT that could enhance the operating system (OS), similar to what Apple does with OS's. Also, the part that I was most interested in was glossed over, does the Apps button finally work or not?

I had a bit of difficulty getting mine to finally sync up and work, but once I did it works fairly flawlessly (albeit in admittedly a short time frame.) I could have sworn that it would work via blue tooth, but I never got it to function correctly until I connected via USB (I was reading a lot of things so perhaps I just got confused, it's quite possible.)

At any rate, yes, the apps button was working for me (with Android.) Haven't had a chance to hook my wife's iPhone 6 up to it yet.

I had a bit of difficulty getting mine to finally sync up and work, but once I did it works fairly flawlessly (albeit in admittedly a short time frame.) I could have sworn that it would work via blue tooth, but I never got it to function correctly until I connected via USB (I was reading a lot of things so perhaps I just got confused, it's quite possible.)

At any rate, yes, the apps button was working for me (with Android.) Haven't had a chance to hook my wife's iPhone 6 up to it yet.

Because MFT works via bluetooth I imagine Sync 3 will also work. I also think iPhone 6 will work on Sync without a problem because it works fine on MFT.

Great to hear that the Apps button finally works and I'm hoping that they fix that feature on MFT with the next update, it's way over due.

Does anybody have 2.3 or higher version of Sync 3.0

Would it be possible for me to also get the link? I have a downloaded copy, but since you are using one I would like to make sure I use the one that I can verify someone has working. My e-mail is hackths@hackths.com if you wouldn't mind sharing the link to the Nav version.

Some have reported issues with some of the Mustang threads around CarPlay, how has it worked for you? Any glitches you have noticed? Last, how tough is it to downgrade back to 2.0?

My biggest issue right now is that the nav traffic is pretty much completely absent, and while I don't live in NYC I would expect my neck of the woods to be covered. Says it pulls all the traffic incidents, but I see nothing on the map- ever. My previous 2x Audi's used the same Sirius traffic data with zero issues. I also recently had my first hard reboot of the Sync3 system while driving. It was an experience to say the least since I was in the middle of a call and then boom everything goes black on the screen, get some nasty feedback noise in the speakers and it reboots after 20 seconds.

Back