All you need to know about keyless entry | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All you need to know about keyless entry

Tell the ***** to stay out of your truck. Assuming it's yours; is it registered to you or her? If it's registered to you and she tries to get in and/or she takes something, call the police and have her arrested.

But it's stories like these that make me afraid of getting married (that's still a longgg way away lol). As for your questions, I don't have a keypad, so I can't really help you. From what I've read there isn't a way to erase the factory code, but I could be wrong. You could try maybe unplugging the keypad, I thought I read about that somewhere. Take off the door panel and see if you can unplug the keypad. Bad part is it won't work at all, but at least the ***** won't have access. :thumbsup:

I paid cash for the truck in '04 and it's registered in my name only, but under Michigan law it's considered joint property until the divorce is final. So, I probably can't get her arrested, but I can keep her from getting in it unless she pays/gets somebody to slim jim their way in.

Unplugging the keypad is a great idea though, and exactly what I should have thought of myself. Thanks, FloridaState! I'd like to tell you not to be scared of marriage, but I'm a little too burnt right now to do so.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey out there,
BrooklynBay eluded to this earlier.
:cool::cool: Does anyone know if this information is also good for a 2003 Explorer Eddie Bauer? :banghead:
Thanks

thanks u help me out alot i had to remove the whole side panel to see the code .....prob a easier way to do it but i got the code all that matters thanks

is it possible to turn off the locks from locking when i put it in gear?
my rear locks are kinda sticky and it would be better if they didnt lock every time i drive it

Rich-...
Well if your x is anything like mine you can set it to not lock or to lock. Do you have the "message center" on your X?

Rich-...
Well if your x is anything like mine you can set it to not lock or to lock. Do you have the "message center" on your X?

yeah, i have the message center....

Well you should have an INFO SETUP RESET button. Push the setup button until you get to the AUTO LOCKS setting. There should be an ON or OFF setting. Then from there press the RESET to turn AUTO LOCKS on or off.

Hope that helps

Well you should have an INFO SETUP RESET button. Push the setup button until you get to the AUTO LOCKS setting. There should be an ON or OFF setting. Then from there press the RESET to turn AUTO LOCKS on or off.

Hope that helps

i guess i dont know what that is,.. i was thinking it was this?
f7362592.jpg

if it is, i dont know how to get there

Yes thats a message center, nothing like I got. I don't know what to say. My best guess is try the system check and see if that does anything.

My truck didnt come with a remote but i know there was one. wen i go to buy a new remote do i need to get a ford one or will any kind work?

so i went through the steps to activate/deactivate the auto-lock my horn chirped twice but the auto-lock still doesnt work. it did when i first bought the truck then didnt all of a sudden, what could the problem be?

I dont want to disable the autolock as i find it convenient but Is there any way to turn off the horn chirp and just let it flash the lights when locked with remote?

I need help I have a 1996 xlt and my remote was just working yesterday and today it just stopped working??? I cleaned the inside of the remote and bought new batteries but that did not fix it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I need help I have a 1996 xlt and my remote was just working yesterday and today it just stopped working??? I cleaned the inside of the remote and bought new batteries but that did not fix it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I've had a similar issue with a remote that just up and quit working, (we have three total) I simply followed the steps to program the three remotes again, and they all have been working for over a month.

I've had a similar issue with a remote that just up and quit working, (we have three total) I simply followed the steps to program the three remotes again, and they all have been working for over a month.

How do you reprogram the remotes?

its very clearly detailed in the first post of this thread

its very clearly detailed in the first post of this thread

lol :rolleyes: Wow...honestly how could I be stupid enough not to look there :D Dumb question to ask..... :p:

ok i reprogrammed my remote now it works about 75% percent of the time. I don't understand why it isn't working 100% of the time i go to use it???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi all :)

I tried several times with my '96 x without getting the confirmation of entering the programming mode.
I really want to activate my extra handheld remote and tried everything from cycle 5 to 9 times with no response!

Any ideas would be much appreciated :)

Back