Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

All you need to know about keyless entry

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by Xan, September 17, 2007.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Ray Stewart

Ray Stewart New Member

City, State:
      New Castle, PA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1999 Explorer XLS
      Does anyone know if I’m able to get one of these modules from a junk car to set up a remote keyless entry in my car? Mine didn’t come with the module from the factory as far as I know and would really like to add it

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. antty09

antty09 New Member

City, State:
      Cornelia Ga
      2000 ford expedition
      hello Im knew here and i may post these in wrong place if i did im sorry , My friend has a 2000 ford expedition,

hes gf throw away the real keys and he had no way to recover them, Doing so he had the Ignition switch replaced she also broke the antenna around the key tumbler I'll show pics of it .

Well after getting the Ignition switch replaced at a local shop it would crank in die immediately they told him it was hes feel pump so he brought it over dropped it off at my house and we drop tank in changed it then i we found out did same thing once replaced with new part from autozone, then i asked him some Questions that when he told me about Gf throwing hes keys out and there for he had Ignition switch replaced . so what im asking how im i able to Bypass to get it to crank in stay cranked? does key need to be reprogrammed dealer? are is the antenna around the key tumbler no good need replace it and then try program i did the 15 min cut off till theft light stop blinking did that 3 times and then try start still same thing. I found the pat module theft thingy here are pics of what i have and the key and ignition switch and key is after market,,,, Any ideas are help is much appreciated god bless

20180317_100731.jpg

20180317_100752.jpg

20180317_101001.jpg

20180317_101019.jpg

20180317_101106.jpg

397650Hoodswitc_00000022264.jpg

397650Hoodswitc_00000022264.jpg

4. koda2000

koda2000 Explorer Addict

x
      @antty09 This is an Explorer/Mountaineer/Ranger Forum (not an Expedition forum) though I would assume many things related to security keys are similar.

If you have no original keys you'll need a locksmith or dealer to program new keys (it might be possible to do it yourself if you have something like ForScan, IDK). The PCM needs to be programmed to know the new key codes, Nothing else needs to be touched. There's nothing you can do to bypass the PATS system, which will not turn on the fuel injectors unless the key is recognized.

If you've damaged the transceiver ring (it's not an antenna), or it's wiring, from around the ignition lock cylinder, it will need to be replaced/repaired. It's what reads the chip located inside the key and then sends it to the PCM for verification.

Last edited: March 17, 2018
    5. antty09

antty09 New Member

City, State:
      Cornelia Ga
      2000 ford expedition
      Hello and sorry and thank you for your reply Koda i found these Ebay, Will i be able to program the keys with it? and pcm lets me.. its better then forscan tool from reviews iv seen no china stuff, Anyways god bless i also wrote seller today telling them i lost the Real keys had Switch replaced with keys with it would it program keys to pcm...
      • [​IMG]
      • [​IMG]
      • [​IMG]
      • [​IMG]
      • [​IMG]
      • [​IMG]
      • [​IMG]
      • [​IMG]
      • [​IMG]
      Have one to sell? Sell now
      Details about ScanTool OBDLink SX 425801 OBD-II / OBD 2 Scan Tool USB with OBDwiz Software

6. koda2000

koda2000 Explorer Addict

x
      IDK, see what the seller tells you.