All you need to know about keyless entry | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All you need to know about keyless entry

where are the fuses and relays

can someone tell me where the relays or/and fuse for the keyless pad for 97 explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thank you for the info i got my code and didnt have to pay the dealer thanks alot

I pulled a key fob out of a '98 from the yard, it looks slightly different from the one that came with my '96. Now, I only had to cycle my ignition 5 times to enter the program mode, 8 times would not work. My old key fob cycles the door locks when I press a button, however the newer one will not. Batteries are fresh. My question is; How do I erase the programmed keys fobs from the Ex's computer? I think the Explorer will not accept another key due to the two that have already been programmed (I lost one). Will the '98 fob, which is slightly smaller and lighter work with my Ex's computer?

thank you

thanks for the info you put up iy help me alot and save me money thank you again

97 Ford x-plorer

I pulled a key fob out of a '98 from the yard, it looks slightly different from the one that came with my '96. Now, I only had to cycle my ignition 5 times to enter the program mode, 8 times would not work. My old key fob cycles the door locks when I press a button, however the newer one will not. Batteries are fresh. My question is; How do I erase the programmed keys fobs from the Ex's computer? I think the Explorer will not accept another key due to the two that have already been programmed (I lost one). Will the '98 fob, which is slightly smaller and lighter work with my Ex's computer?

i had the same problem I had to replace the rap module but I tested the powers and ground first to see if they were working email if you need more info @ richard78741@yahoo

Hello everybody,

I'm newe to the forum. I liked this very much. A place where everybody is trying help eachother. Amazing.

I have purchased this minivan 2004 mercury monterey premier. It has so many features and aminities that its difficult to keep track.
The security system is working with red light flashing. The door keypad is working. But teh remoe does not work. I thought may be the battery needs to be changed. So intsalled new battery. I tried did not work. I took to auto zone may be they can program it. They tested the remote transmitter and it works. They did not program it since I did not order from them. I followed the car manual and tried several times but did not work. I search the internet may there is other steps I amy not be following and learnt some recomedn to have the driver door opend, I tried but did not work.

When I finish cycling the ON off inginition and it should cycle locks it never did that. I know the trnsmitter is working becuase autozone tested it. The car does not cycle the locks when it suppose to after completing the 8th cycle.

Is there something I am not doing or doing something wrong. Can any body help? Thanks

Thank's from me too hope this works on the uk version

1) Make sure the fob/remote is putting out a signal. Some auto parts stores have a generic receiver (Autozone here in St. Louis has one) - use it to test your remote(s). Could be just a bad battery.
2) If it's not the remotes, check the antenna at the RAP. I just checked mine and it appears to be 'open' - so, there's no way for the RAP to get the signal from the fob. Use an ohmmeter to test for resistance - it's supposed to be <10 ohms.
3) Could be the RAP module. Junk yard is the cheapest place.
Hello,
I have 2004 Mercury Moterey. I have followed the instruction for programming new Remote transmitter. After the 8th cycle of ignition it does not cycle the locks as supposed to.
I have checked the transmitter with autozone as you have suggested. It works and has strong signal. Can you please help me with this.

Keyless code

Hello!

I used the information here to find the code location and i thank you very much. As an easier solution of how to read the code without dismounting all this covers i used small round mirror - like one the dentists use. It took me about 10 seconds. You may need a flashlight.

Thanks again!

I have been searching all over the web for days to figure out how to find the original reset code. All of the instructions I found were vague and contained no pictures! Your tutorial allowed me to easily locate and reset my personal code in less than 5 minutes! Thanks!

Got any info on this process for the 2002 explorer? I looked for the removable rear quarter panel but the 02 doesn't have this. Where else might the RAP module be located?

Finally took 10 minutes and pulled the airbag, sure enough there was the RAP module. Nice piece of mind knowing I can now get in in a pinch!

I have not had any luck with the keypad on my door of my '01 Mountaineer. I have the correct code (from the module which matches the factory entry code card), but it just doesn't work. On a side note, my door locks will only lock from the switch in the back by the hatch. They will only unlock from the front door switches and the fob. Any ideas? I thought about replacing the module, but the doors do lock and unlock from the rear switch, just not anything else.

Rap Mod

Thank's from me too hope this works on the uk version

Had Enough of the RAP Mod Removed it Now everthings fine; Found out to my expence i had a faulty fuel pump which was causing the problems with the RAP. So check this first befor doing anything drastic !!.

'99 Mountaineer keyless entry problem

Hey, y'all. This is my first post! :D

I purchased a '99 Mountaineer at an abandoned vehicle auction earlier this month. I paid a locksmith to cut me a pair of PATS keys, and bought a pair of remotes from the Mercury dealership, so I now have two working sets of keys/remotes.

The Mounty has a keypad on the driver door, and I have retrieved the permanent door code from the RAPS module in the rear. However, the code does not unlock the vehicle.

Pressing the [7/8] and [9/0] keys together DOES lock the vehicle. It will not respond to the unlock code.

My guess is the keypad needs to be replaced, but I'd like to hear what y'all think!

Many thanks,
:exp:TowBoss

Good info! The Ford dealership here told me it was going to $150 to get the code! BS! Thanks!

Same problem '05 Sport Trac

I have the same problem with an '05 Sport Trac. Dealer said could do for $70 by pulling the code out of the computer module. But on the Sport Trac, they said,would have to dismantle the engine to see the code on the module. Other ideas?

Hi all,
Looking at ebay to find a new remote but there are a lot of them...
I don't have one now since the last owner lost them so I can't compare the partnumber.
I have a late -99 (1999-11-29) so I'm told this is a 2000 model, right?
But what partnumber for the remote?
Cheers
Baz

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

'98 Explorer Sport

Hi all...

I havee a 98 sport that I bought used. It has power windows and locks, but no RAP module. I bought one from ebay thinking I could somehow install it with the proper wiring and remotes. Does anyone know what I need to do or if this is even possible?

Back