Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

almost went to the scrapper

Discussion in 'Bronco II Registry' started by james29, April 21, 2014.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. james29

james29 New Member

City, State:
      seattle, Wa.
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      87 Ford b2
      I bought my b2 about 4 years ago after someone rear ended me in my 01 ranger totaling it. I picked it up for $500. I bought it totaled from my neighbor because it had been rolled over in the snow. I fixed it got it a new title and started driving it. Drove it until last year when I bought myself a 01 cherokee that got better gas mileage. I parked the b2 and it started to mold and leak didn't run right, had a weird surging problem. About a month ago I went out to clean it out so I could take it to the scrapper. After sitting for a year I tried starting it and it keyed right off. So I decided I would keep it. So in the past month I changed the fuel pump, throttle position sensor, plugs, wires, cap and rotor and new brakes all the way around. It drove good after that so now it has a 4 inch rough country lift, extended brake lines and new paint. Also tore out the carpet and truck bed lined the floor. Now I need some bigger tires and it will be time to go find some mud.

Attached Files:

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. janderson4010

janderson4010 Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      third boxcar, midnight train
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      86 BII
      sweet little ride man