Ambient Lighting Problems | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ambient Lighting Problems

As per the post by Lewisra, I also wonder about "a few Sync updates". There haven't been any updates since before the 2015 model came out. I'm guessing you are referring to the updates that were already in place.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The central dash screen did some automatic Sync updates.

The central dash screen did some automatic Sync updates.
If you are referring to the 'Performing Maintenance' message, I believe that usually appears after your MFT has crashed or is on the verge of doing so. The only way updates can be installed is via the USB flash drive.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Not true. My 2013 did the same thing on occasion as well and had ZERO issues with my MFT. Either way, I am just letting everyone know my set ambient light has stayed set for a month and close to 1,000 miles.

Cheers.

Hi Peter,

Not true. My 2013 did the same thing on occasion as well and had ZERO issues with my MFT. Either way, I am just letting everyone know my set ambient light has stayed set for a month and close to 1,000 miles.

Cheers.

What idications do you see that shows an update being done or has been done?

Peter is correct.....the only way an update is done is through USB or the dealer. That screen being referred to is just a maintenance screen. It does some internal "cleaning." Doesn't mean something wasn't working right, it just decided it was time to clean things up a bit, after all it is a computer. Not that its actually doing it, but think of it as a defrag or disk cleanup.

Yep - I will agree - no over the air updates - Maint is for rebooting after issues or a crash - and I will say this - a crash in MFT does not always need to be seen, it can happen at the most inopportune times and or never...

Is there a way for the ambient color that I select to show up all the time? It is only on when the headlights are on. Otherwise it shows up in factory light blue, sort of defeats the point of changing the color. Also, the door sill "explorer" plates on my Sport are never the color I choose, only light blue.

Is there a way to change this?

Is there a way for the ambient color that I select to show up all the time? It is only on when the headlights are on. Otherwise it shows up in factory light blue, sort of defeats the point of changing the color. Also, the door sill "explorer" plates on my Sport are never the color I choose, only light blue.

Is there a way to change this?

When the dome lights come on with a door opening etc the ambient lighting always will be blue. No way to change it. That is what your asking right?

Yes, that is what I was asking. I originally thought it would change that color all the time to whatever I selected. Not a big deal just checking...

Yes, that is what I was asking. I originally thought it would change that color all the time to whatever I selected. Not a big deal just checking...

I saw that asked in another Forum for the Taurus and the IVT person from Ford said we are stuck with blue for that.

That has also been mentioned a few times here about the ambient lighting defaulting to the light blue when the doors are opened. I don't really have a problem with it since that is my favourite colour anyways.;)

Peter

That has also been mentioned a few times here about the ambient lighting defaulting to the light blue when the doors are opened. I don't really have a problem with it since that is my favourite colour anyways.;)

Peter

But you have an MKT now & the default color for Lincoln is white (silver), so it might be a problem for you now then?

Okaaay. Wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the info. In the 5 months I've had it I haven't actually had occasion to drive it at night yet so haven't noticed this difference. Come to think of it, I did have to set light blue as the colour of choice shortly after I got it but didn't tie that into the default at the time.:rolleyes: I guess that happens sometimes when you reach that 'mature' age.;)

Peter

Okaaay. Wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the info. In the 5 months I've had it I haven't actually had occasion to drive it at night yet so haven't noticed this difference. Come to think of it, I did have to set light blue as the colour of choice shortly after I got it but didn't tie that into the default at the time.:rolleyes: I guess that happens sometimes when you reach that 'mature' age.;)

Peter

There are a few aesthetic differences between LMT & MFT, these are what I noticed so far:
1-The aforementioned white/blue ambient light. Note that LMT has only 2 hues of blue while MFT has 3. The white color in MLT is not available with MFT.
2-The Radio/Audio quadrant & corresponding right cluster screen is of a pink hue in LMT & red in MFT.
3-The Phone quadrant & corresponding right cluster screen is of a darker yellow to orange color in LMT & lighter yellow in MFT.

Reported in another thread by jmr061. Thank you.

TSB 14-0175
FORD: 2011-2014 Edge, Explorer
2013-2014 F-150, Flex, Fusion, Taurus

LINCOLN: 2011-2014 MKX
2013-2014 MKS, MKT, MKZ

ISSUE:
Some 2011-2014 Edge, Explorer, MKX, 2013-2014 Fusion, Taurus, Explorer, Flex, F-150, MKZ, MKT and MKS vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch™/MyLincoln Touch™ and ambient lighting may exhibit the ambient lighting defaulting to white on Lincoln vehicles or ice-blue on Ford vehicles after cycling the ignition switch.

Peter

Unknown....at this point its a dealer only thing. I am going to load it in my car. I would suspect it will be included in the next MFT update.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Reported in another thread by jmr061. Thank you.

TSB 14-0175
FORD: 2011-2014 Edge, Explorer
2013-2014 F-150, Flex, Fusion, Taurus

LINCOLN: 2011-2014 MKX
2013-2014 MKS, MKT, MKZ

ISSUE:
Some 2011-2014 Edge, Explorer, MKX, 2013-2014 Fusion, Taurus, Explorer, Flex, F-150, MKZ, MKT and MKS vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch™/MyLincoln Touch™ and ambient lighting may exhibit the ambient lighting defaulting to white on Lincoln vehicles or ice-blue on Ford vehicles after cycling the ignition switch.

Peter

Found the complete content of the TSB here.

Back