Reaction score
City, State
Pinole, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F250/XLT Superduty
Callsign
KG6MAX
"Street Legal".

Finally. 18 months of paper weight in the driveway..

Smog referred and licensed today. Thought I had 1 good engine among three when I got it.. and no, none of them was any good. So I picked up a 1995 Sidekick 1.6/16v MFI OBD1 engine, with 110k miles (170psi cylinder pressure in all 4!)

Purrs like a kitten, and it's almost fun to drive.

Now, to fix that front bumper, get bump stops in, get the sliders on, put on the belly and gas tank plates, and few other details..

Attachments

• zuk-1.jpg
    zuk-1.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,797
  • engine-1.jpg
    engine-1.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 912
  • engine-2.jpg
    engine-2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,227

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does this mean you might actually come down and play with us?
Street legal has such a nice ring to it!

:Cough: TruckHavenMLK :Cough:

:D

Purrs like a kitten, and it's almost fun to drive...

:D:D I had a good laugh at that one..reminds me of my old Zukkini..

Congrats on getting it legal. Will it even hit 50 mph on the road?

:D:D I had a good laugh at that one..reminds me of my old Zukkini..

Congrats on getting it legal. Will it even hit 50 mph on the road?

That's the what's nice about the 16v. It will do 75MPH.. Which is why it's almost fun to drive. Once you realize how fast it's going, you get scared.

Worked on the front bumper today.

It's incomplete, ran out of the right sized steel, and still need to finish weld/clean/paint, and wire the turn signals.

Attachments

• bumper-1.jpg
    bumper-1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 909
  • bumper-2.jpg
    bumper-2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 726

When I was shopping for my '93 Explorer I drove a new Samurai to check it out... What killed the deal was not being able to get up to 60 by the end of the ramp getting onto the freeway:D

Congrats on bringing new life to this Zuk!:burnout:

Got the front bumper finished, installed, wired up the LED front turn signal.. Also installed the winch, need to re-load the rope on it.

zuk-front-bumper.jpg

Congrats:chug:

Nice job on the bumper:thumbsup:

Sammy looks great. Really like the bumper (you need any more practice, making them?). Mine had the 1300/4 in it and on flat ground it wasn't too bad, but come to a hill it would drop to at best third gear. Also it would be nice if I could find a T-case with a 1:1 ratio.

Lost the alternator, it died on the interstate.. Luckily, it was only 3 miles away, and the very nice CHP dropped me off at the house so I could go back with the Superduty and the tow bar and retrieve it (either that, or wait for AAA to tow it home..)

But I've had a SI alternator sitting on the shelf, waiting for the time to install it. Bad news is it just a 65 amp alternator, not the 94amp version I want.

Also did the clicky starter fix, and replaced the heater bypass valve on the firewall.

Some times you run into a CHP Good guy ;-)

Back