Android auto wireless? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Android auto wireless?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Most likely not to soon. The bandwidth needed to run the Android Auto apps (waze etc) are not supported by Bluetooth as far as I know.

Most likely not to soon. The bandwidth needed to run the Android Auto apps (waze etc) are not supported by Bluetooth as far as I know.

It's not done over Bluetooth. It uses WiFi, which the explorer has. But I agree, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

It's not done over Bluetooth. It uses WiFi, which the explorer has. But I agree, I don't see it happening anytime soon.
Waze and Android Auto use USB. Audio like iHeart Radio you phone etc uses Bluetooth. There is nothing done over WiFi, I know because mine is turned off on my EX and F150 and Android Auto works great as well as iHeart Radio. If other company's are using WiFi I don't know anything about that, but again the bandwidth and speed of updates would be really bad with current technology.

Sorry you are asking about a specific phone. I don't have any info on that. Have a Great Day

Waze and Android Auto use USB. Audio like iHeart Radio you phone etc uses Bluetooth. There is nothing done over WiFi, I know because mine is turned off on my EX and F150 and Android Auto works great as well as iHeart Radio. If other company's are using WiFi I don't know anything about that, but again the bandwidth and speed of updates would be really bad with current technology.

Sorry you are asking about a specific phone. I don't have any info on that. Have a Great Day

I think you're confused about what I'm talking about. Wireless android auto just rolled out. Check this out Android Auto Wireless is now enabled for Nexus and Pixel devices

States that it's done over WiFi. T

Hum that will be pretty cool when it is supported. I really doubt the current Ford HU support this. This will be nice to have with wireless charging, no more cords,

Yeah that's kinda my thought as well but I guess one could hope. Not sure the type of wifi card the explorer has.

Back