and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Anybody know how to replace the front bumper on a '99 ford explorer?

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by FordExploder17, December 7, 2008.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. FordExploder17

FordExploder17 New Member

City, State:
      Washington
      Year and Model:
      '99 XLT
      Fender benders suck. Im trying to replace the front bumper on my own but it would be great if i could get some help. Can anyone give me instructions, or tips, or websites where i could find instructions would be great. instruction pics would be awesome too. Sorry if this has been posted by someone else before. thanks.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. WhiteLimited

WhiteLimited Guest

It is only 4 bolts two on each frame horn, make sure you have the fog lights un plugged once the bolts are done and light unplugged it pulls right off. Fender flairs now so easy, take thows off it will leave holes that you would have to get welded up...:salute:Cheers hope thats enough!

4. FordExploder17

City, State:
      Washington
      Year and Model:
      '99 XLT
      Thats what I saw and I just felt like that was too easy. haha. thanks a ton man.

5. WhiteLimited

WhiteLimited Guest

Your very welcome, FordExplorer17 are you 17?

6. FordExploder17

City, State:
      Washington
      Year and Model:
      '99 XLT
      ...that sounds so creepy.

7. FordExploder17

City, State:
      Washington
      Year and Model:
      '99 XLT
      and naw bro im 46

8. RangRayy

RangRayy Active Member

City, State:
      Suburbia Hell Missouri
      Year and Model:
      '99 XLT 4x4
      i know what you mean about fender benders. i had one about a year ago and still have yet to fix the front. the only problem is looks really. im sure there are internal affairs i do not want to even begin to fix on my own, but a new bumper is easiest. i was going to post a thread asking the same thing. thanks for beating me to it hahaha. how much did you get a replacement bumper for and does yours have the bumper guard with the chrome coverings on the fog lights?

9. WhiteLimited

WhiteLimited Guest

Haha my bad, 21 =-D