Anyone buy an ebay chinese android head unit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone buy an ebay chinese android head unit?

freak

Reaction score
City, State
Pemberville
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000, Explorer XLS

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMO, that has "buy at your own risk" written all over it.

-Out of country seller
-"Private" feedback so you can't see what people bought from them

Yeah after 30 days you're certainly on your own with it. I know that up front. But the feature set is pretty high for the price. Might be worth the risk.

I have the Pumpkin unit in the Superduty. Do note that all android units are slow to boot (30-90 seconds, depending on software load..)

It is nice to use Google Maps and Traffic when stuck somewhere by tethering to my cell phone.

Look on xda-developers.com to see if anyone else has bought that radio, and if so, what there opinion is of it.

Yes, it is annoying if you need the HU asap, like for a backup camera..

The tradeoff is you get to put the apps you want on it, like a really good MP3 player, or a streaming player like Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, etc.

I have bought a chinese double din satnav, digital radio, digital TV etc

I have also bought a Pioneer double din DVD unit with app mirroring

TBH the chinese units are good bang for your buck IF and only IF you are handy with hacking, programming and are prepared to muck around with it.

I do find the chinese unit very slow and clunky and just little things annoy me like it cannot keep time on a digital clock it loses over 5 mins per week which is really annoying having to reset it all the time

The Pioneer one is awesome but the features are limited to how much you spend. I went with a sort of upper model but got a good deal as it was a factory second.

i bought the same one for my 2000 xls and it works realy well. But the down fall is its size. I had to cut an Inch off the side and bottom of my radio trim bezel. Then had to do some fiberglass work around it to make it look like it was natural. I bought a Jensen from crutchedfeild and it fit like a glove for my 2000 eddie B. So bottom line you have to watch the size and weight of the off brands. Thanks ....

Back