anyone know where to get an action packer for cheap? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

anyone know where to get an action packer for cheap?

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
hey all, dont know if this is in the right section, but ive been looking to buy a few action packers. i used to have one but gave it to my sister. they are those heavy duty plastic cases with the red locking handles. these things are great for storing stuff like portable stoves, propane cans, and things like that for camping trips or road trips, they used to sell them everywhere and ive been looking to buy a couple but havent been able to find them anywhere but REI, and there they only have the smaller ones, and they are charging way more than what i paid for my old one. i know i could probably find one online, but id like to avoid paying shipping costs, so if anyone has seen them for sale in a sears, or target or sports authority, or some other chain please let me know. and i dont want that piece of crap knockoff they got a wal-mart either! thanks in advance fellas.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Amazon has some with free shipping...

thanks toy, i saw a couple on there, but they were going for almost twice what i bought my original action packer a few years ago. i even saw one for 120 bucks! i remember buying one that same size about 8 years ago for less than 50. i guess they are a hot item right now.

I've never seen them in my area, I had to go to Moab to get mine:rolleyes:

Local Costco has the 24 gallon ones marked down to under $20 on clearance. I just bought one and not even sure what I am going to use it for yet :D.

thanks for the tip rock, i was going to post a thread saying the same exact thing1 our local costco had them on clearance for 20 bucks, and i was finally able to get one. best 20 bucks ive spent at costco in 2012 so far!

I remember seeing someone at KOH had a hunter green action packer, lid was beige or something. Anyone ever seen this color?

I remember seeing someone at KOH had a hunter green action packer, lid was beige or something. Anyone ever seen this color?

Are you sure it was an action packer and not a clone? Wal-mart discontinued the Action Packers and now sells something similar that fits that description.

Are you sure it was an action packer and not a clone? Wal-mart discontinued the Action Packers and now sells something similar that fits that description.

It very well could be, I saw it from a distance in the trail gear booth at KOH.
It had the same shape and everything so I assumed it was an action packer with a different color scheme.

Local Costco has the 24 gallon ones marked down to under $20 on clearance. I just bought one and not even sure what I am going to use it for yet :D.

..:scratch:..You wouldn't be heading south anytime soon would ya? I could use 2 of those and can't find them for $20 down here..:(

I've never heard of such a thing. This will solve some of my camping storage issues.
IMAG0505.jpg

..Update:

..I scored two of the 24 gal. action packers for $19.97 @ at Costco..:biggthump

..I have also been looking for the 8 gal. units and REI was the only one around that had them for like $27..:(

..I just found out today that Lowes is now carrying the action packers and cheaper than REI and not as cheap as Costco..
http://www.lowes.com/pd_651-1217-FG11720238_?PL=1&productId=3333110

8 gal. = $19
24 gal. = $30

..Update:

..I scored two of the 24 gal. action packers for $19.97 @ at Costco..:biggthump

..I have also been looking for the 8 gal. units and REI was the only one around that had them for like $27..:(

..I just found out today that Lowes is now carrying the action packers and cheaper than REI and not as cheap as Costco..
http://www.lowes.com/pd_651-1217-FG11720238_?PL=1&productId=3333110

8 gal. = $19
24 gal. = $30

Thank you Sir for the tip. :salute:

I will check out my local Lowe's and report what I find. This is a decent price for the action packer compared to the other storage bins they sell.

..Thanks go to Rockranger for sharing the awesome Costco deal...:biggthump

..I found out today using the Lowes site if you put in your zip code and then click store pick up, it will give you the inventory of your five closest stores..It worked awesome for me and saved a bunch of driving and time...;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will do. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Back