Anyone Using Supreme Suspension Lift? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone Using Supreme Suspension Lift?

minelson17

Reaction score
City, State
Keizer OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Explorer XLS
I found this strut spacer lift on amazon today. Supreme has some bigger options than the Truxxx and Traxda lifts that I've seen many EF users employ which are 2.5" Front / 1.5" Rear. I can't seem to find any reviews on them online. Anyone using these? I'm curious if the 3" Front / 2.5" Rear will lead to any additional issues / required mods compared to the Truxxx 2.5/1.5.

Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Supreme-Susp...+sport+trac&keywords=supreme+suspensions&th=1

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello there, I very recently bought the 2.5" front and 2.0" rear lift/leveling kit from Supreme Suspensions and unfortunately the front did not fit my 2007 XLT Sport Trac. The problem was the diameter of the spacer was a bit too large which would not allow room to put a nut on to tighten it down. After a few calls and pics sent to Supreme Suspension they admitted they have had a few other cases where the holes needed to be bored out a bit. I don't think that would have worked in my situation but either way, I don't want to modify the product I purchased that was sold to fit my Trac. I ordered the Traxda set off Amazon yesterday so hopefully I'll be a bit higher next week. - Cheers!

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately I pulled the trigger on them already. I haven't installed them yet as I'm waiting for my stock tires to wear down a little bit before I go and get bigger ones. I guess if I they don't fit and Amazon won't let me return them, we'll try boring them if we have to. You got any B&A pics of your lifted ST yet?

Hello again, I have some pics...I'm hoping I can post them. I've not posted pics before but I'm going to try sharing a file from my google drive and see if it works. A little history, I bought the truck with Firestone destination LE's and the guy had 265/70-17's on it and they did rub when turning. When I went to get new tires put on, I went back to the stock recommended 245/65-17's with the Firestone Destination AT's and it looked horrible. I almost cried. The picture WITHOUT the topper is right after they put them on and it's the only pic I have. The wheels look small and the truck lost almost an inch of height. After the debacle with the Supreme Suspension kit, I've added the Traxda 3 in front and 2.5 inch back kit and new 265/70-17's AT's. I'm pretty impressed so far and I gained about 4 - 4.5 inches of height. No real rubbing just a bit on the flexible part of the plastic inside the wheel well. I should be able to pull that plastic piece back a bit and solve the rubbing issue. One thing I need to ask someone about is the space between the tire and the upper control arm. It's about .5-.75 inches of space....not much. I don't know if this will have any long term effects but I might look for some new wheels in the future that could push them out another .5 - 1 inch to give a bit of breathing room. Otherwise, I'm really happy with the way the truck looks and handles at the moment. In between the two lift installs, I found a topper to put on it and I couldn't be happier with the look and performance of this Trac.

BUMP

Anyone else care to share the experience with Supreme parts?

Hello 07LTDDSM, I see you've had your spacers for while. Any problems with them? Now that I have my lift, I think spacers would be a good idea but the shop that installed my lift said they would not recommend spacers. I'd welcome a report on your experience with them.

How much did they change you for the install?

THESE are the spacers I purchased. I like them, no problems. As long as you get hub-centric spacers your weight will be on the hub and not on the lug bolts. That being said that is extra weight on the hubs the more you extend the wheel out which could cause the hubs to wear out premature. IMHO 2" spacers would be the max I'd go. I've hand them on since May2015 and I go off-roading from time to time here in Utah so I think they are pretty safe.

If i had to do it again I think I would do 2" front and 1.5" rear. The rear seem to stick out just a little further than the front.

Photos at the bottom of THIS thread.

Back