Anyone want to sell their Explorer? 95 - 01 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone want to sell their Explorer? 95 - 01

1995E

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
Anyone want to sell me their 95 Explorer? I'm looking for an XLT with running boards, roof racks, chromatic mirror. I miss it so much. I lost my old one in a rollover accident and so I need another one. I have a 2011 Explorer but for some reason, there's nothing like the old Ex I had so anyone want to sell?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

whats the new one like? i have wanted to check them out so badly...

New one is really nice. Softer ride (Before break in, suspension's kind of stiff but it gets super soft). 4WD is actually AWD, works great in snow. Ground clearance is kind of low at the front fascia but that's for aerodynamics. No running boards but there are aftermarket ones on Ebay, it isn't that tall so you're good when you want to get in. 3rd row standard but when folded down, has a lot of cargo space, more than the old 95 - 2001. Super quiet ride, whenever you close the door, you have to pop your ears because you can feel the air being compressed.

If you plan on getting the MFT, it's really nice but I suggest you get one with Nav or else you'll just have a touch screen like I do.

Explorer only comes with a hitch(receiver) when bought with trailer tow, it also comes with an engine cooler, and selectshift (you choose the gears via 2 buttons, you can drive it like a manual by pressing the buttons. Semi automatic basically) automatic transmission.

Headlights are bright as heck, really nice look. Dual zone A/C, you have the option for leather with heated seats.

New one is really nice. Softer ride (Before break in, suspension's kind of stiff but it gets super soft). 4WD is actually AWD, works great in snow. Ground clearance is kind of low at the front fascia but that's for aerodynamics. No running boards but there are aftermarket ones on Ebay, it isn't that tall so you're good when you want to get in. 3rd row standard but when folded down, has a lot of cargo space, more than the old 95 - 2001. Super quiet ride, whenever you close the door, you have to pop your ears because you can feel the air being compressed.

If you plan on getting the MFT, it's really nice but I suggest you get one with Nav or else you'll just have a touch screen like I do.

Explorer only comes with a hitch(receiver) when bought with trailer tow, it also comes with an engine cooler, and selectshift (you choose the gears via 2 buttons, you can drive it like a manual by pressing the buttons. Semi automatic basically) automatic transmission.

Headlights are bright as heck, really nice look. Dual zone A/C, you have the option for leather with heated seats.

i think im gonna have to go test drive one.... that sounds awesome

I am sure you can find a nice one on
www.craigslist.com
along with a date to ride along with.

haha true that. i try to stay away from the fishy crap on craigslist

I'd sell mine but then I'd just lay around and mope, lol.

i think im gonna have to go test drive one.... that sounds awesome

haha true that. i try to stay away from the fishy crap on craigslist

You can make some real good buys off Craigslist.

Just be real wise and cautious and smart and look over shoulder and meet in public area in daytime and dont give out home address when dealing with sellers or buyers!!

Hmmm... how about a trade instead? Straight up even money any model/trim/color 95 for your 2011. Heck I'd deliver it right to your door. LOL

You can make some real good buys off Craigslist.

Just be real wise and cautious and smart and look over shoulder and meet in public area in daytime and dont give out home address when dealing with sellers or buyers!!

oh i know it! its where i got my X from. and its been the best thing i have ever bought... i love it and this forum. otherwise i would still be riding around all stock haha but i got a greart price and this forum has helped me with the few things that have come up. when you buy an explorer....you dont just buy a car.... you get involved into a community too :biggthump

@1995E does yours have the 4 option for the type of enviroment that you go through like a land rover does? i saw those at the washington auto show and they loook pretty nice but i think ford forgot wat the explorer name really says ya know?

Yes. The 2011 has the ability to choose normal, mud/ruts, sand, snow. It's all automatic and computer controlled. It's basically AWD as the system can automatically choose where to apply most of the torque.

I really want the 1995 because I really loved the damn car. I grew up with that car. It took 7 hits in the rear bumper and sustained no damage.... CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? 7!!! No bumper repairs. All the other cars had totaled front ends. Heck, one time, my dad accident smashed a GMC with it and we drove away with no scratches on the front. This is really built Ford tough. I miss it so much and I lost it in a rollover accident in December, 2010. I even have pictures after the crash. My father decided that I should just buy a used one instead of pay for 6k worth of body damage. So I let it go. Don't know if it was a bad choice or not. But I want the Ex back. The engine sounds were so amazing... I hate quiet interiors... The engine sounded like a Mustang and dammit. I want my baby back!

Anyways, does anyone know if I can get the green color with the white strips just like the ones on 95 - 96? Also, anyone can sell me a Green one? I don't care about mileage.

Basically what I want:

95 - 96 preferred (My old one was a 95 with OHV, don't know if there's a difference between the SOHC and the OHV but I know the OHV I had had the sexiest engine roar ever)

4WD is a must.

If it doesn't have running boards, I'll just add them or something. Roof racks preferred.

Please make aware to me what repairs I might have to make.

Thanks!

yea ive hit and killed 2 deer... not on purpose... with my front bumper and my fiance tapped one by accident... not only that but my sister backed up into the foundation support for the section between our two garage doors and didnt even know it and nearly brought the damn garage down... the rear bumper sustained absolutely no damage... the old explorers are probably the best and toughest explorers out there... i have a single over head cam and it runs great but i need to service my transmission or then its gonna go on me

Forgive me I know this is off-topic, but as you're talking about bumpers, I want to ask, how important is to have a bullbar? Pure cosmetic when you don't drive off-road?
Thanks!

(please Admin, move or delete this post if it's too offtopic... thanks!)

ill tell u wat unless its something thats attached to the frame that can accomidate a winch then its worth it but if it doesnt bolt onto something of that area then dont even bother cause then its extra weight u dont need unless u wat that cosmetic appeal

Well. Anyone want to sell me one? Preferably be on the East Coast please. I'll come and buy it for sure. XLT is preferred.

ummm just wondering why is'nt this in the Wanted Forum?

I have a 96 XLT, 4wd with roof rack, no running boards, never been wrecked, has 150,000 miles on it. Electric Red with gray leather. New transmission at 100K. I am in Kentucky, north of Nashville TN.

I have a 96 XLT, 4wd with roof rack, no running boards, never been wrecked, has 150,000 miles on it. Electric Red with gray leather. New transmission at 100K. I am in Kentucky, north of Nashville TN.

I have had it since '98 and love it. I found this forum while surfing for ideas on a pesky little problem which recently developed, it sometimes doesn't want to start when the engine is warm. I will address that on another thread.

Aside from this recent issue, my Ex has been very good to me. I had planned to drive it another couple of years and turn it over to my teenage son, however we need more passenger room now.... so I have started looking for another Ex with 3rd row.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anymore offers? Around what price should I pay for an Explorer around year 95 - 96? Could I find running boards and install them myself?

Back