• Register Today It's free!

APIM upgrade issues!!

Bruce0844

Reaction score
City, State
Savannah, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited
I just installed a used 2016 Explorer APIM with Navigation in my 2014 Explorer that did not have Navigation, the navigation is working great. Unfortunately the phone button on my steering wheel is not working and the heated seats are not working now, any suggestions?

Thanks, Bruce

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just installed a used 2016 Explorer APIM with Navigation in my 2014 Explorer that did not have Navigation, the navigation is working great. Unfortunately the phone button on my steering wheel is not working and the heated seats are not working now, any suggestions?

Thanks, Bruce
you will need forscan. Forscan.org I'm at work now but P.M me and I will tell you the fixes.

Thanks, Bruce
Welcome to the Forum Bruce.:wave:

Peter

Thanks, Bruce

were you able to get it working did you program it yourself?
I am getting ready to replace mine 2012 explorer been researching it finding it challenging to find a replacement
How did you find yours

were you able to get it working did you program it yourself?
I am getting ready to replace mine 2012 explorer been researching it finding it challenging to find a replacement
How did you find yours
What do you have in your 2012? What size screen 4” or 8”? Are you just wanting to replace the apim module or what? I would like to help.

Back