ARB Compressor, whered you mount yours? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ARB Compressor, whered you mount yours?

That does man.....awesome job!!!:D

So what about you Kent??? Moab next Aug. or Sept.???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Really cool switch mount Derrick....

I was thinking this should have been in offroad accessories, but it does involve the offroad only driveline..LOL

Thanks Derrick :)

sweet ass sweet.

hey I still havent mounted my switches and I have had my locker installed for almost a year now! they are just hanging by a wire tie.........damn.

Looks like I have a small project this weekend. Dont get me wrong its been on the list but there were many things ahead of it.

Okay so you got switches mounted, what about compressor, wiring, and air lines?
:)

not to mention the LOCKERS!!!!!!

How much was the rear locker if you dont mind? I have found them from $599 to $680 for the 31 spline 8.8

Originally posted by Derrick C.
That does man.....awesome job!!!:D

So what about you Kent??? Moab next Aug. or Sept.???

Moab anytime next year would be fun.

Lets see if I can find the paper work on my install.

Yep, found it.

$1068 for both lockers
$100 ARB compressor
$375 front and rear 4.56 gears
$500 for labor to install.
Total:$2,043

I ran the rear air line down the inside of the frame rail. Then straight down to the axle. The front is pretty much straight down. It runs right next to my pitman arm.

Cool then we'll get something together next year for moab then.

Well the prices for the lockers are all the same, so it cost me 600.00. I have the front installed and am ready to go get an alignment. The rear is going in the first of next week :) I am going to wait till the weekend to mount the compressor and plumb the lines. It sucks coming home from work and then going back to work on your truck every nite. Tonight I went to that new movie UNDERWORLD, it was pretty good.

410 if you need one I can make you a mounting plate similar to mine with the carbon fiber sticker or stainless like you see in the picture.

THANKS but that wont work in my BII.....I dont have an Explorer center console. Also the wires and everything are run to where I want the switches, I also got these trick ARB switch holders, so you can put 2-3 switches together, I just need to make up the switch plate (my dremmel is broken) I will borrow a buddies dremmel this weekend.

I drive my BII daily, whats wrong with that?

We are going to slaughterhouse at 8:30 am tomorrow morning, 2 Explorer's, my BII and a Jeep ZJ

Have fun and bring back some pictures :)

My local 4x4 shop is also a sponsor.:)

I get whatever I want at cost or less. Plus free access to there shop when I need it.

Well I put my explorer back together today and got my air compressor installed and 2 of the 3 switches mounted. I took a few pics of it to show those of you who my be considering one :) I will be mounting the third switch and rear locker this week, woohoo! :)

Attachments

• sp28-007.jpg
    sp28-007.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 295

passenger side view.

Attachments

• sp28-011.jpg
    sp28-011.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 301

Switches mounted in center consol with carbon fiber sticker over stainless steel. Waiting on the third switch.

Attachments

• sp28-003.jpg
    sp28-003.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 293

Lookin good!

Good install man!!!

Your motor compartment looks as good as Derrick's.:rolleyes: j/k man!

Thats what happens to your engine compartment when you actualy take it off road...lol

At least the outside gets cleaned every once in a while :)

Attachments

• ag17-028.jpg
    ag17-028.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 290

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by hvac man
Thats what happens to your engine compartment when you actualy take it off road...lol

Ouch!

No really I do.....At least I think I did...once....I'm sure of it....does that count?......Yeah yeah I did!

Back