• Register Today It's free!

Audio delay

Jamie vogel

Reaction score
City, State
Saint Joseph mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
well I bought this new car, really love. But the radio is crap! I mean with all technology in the car, you can't even play a video through the sync 3 that doesn't have a delay! I can't figure out away fix this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Jamie.:wave:
I don't believe it's designed to play video. As far I know it isn't legal to allow that. That is why they offer DVD players for rear passengers. I know that some members have 'hacked' the previous MFT system but I'm not aware of it being done with Sync 3.

Peter

Not looking to play a video through the 8 in display. But mainly playing the sound from my iPad into the USB or Bluetooth gives a 2 sec delay. If u plug my iPhone 7 plus in. The sound matchs the video using USB. But using my iphone 7 plus blaming Bluetooth the sound is out of sync. Now using my pad is is off completely! I would think paying almost 50k for a car this would work. I'm at a point of ripping out that junk head unit

Okay, I see now. Perhaps some of the more audio knowledgeable members may be able to assist.

Peter

What version and build of Sync 3 are you running(latest is 3.0, build 18025) and what version of iOS(latest is 11.3)? I think this delay may be normal. Increased buffering over Bluetooth will reduce audio issues when playing music. I don't think it was designed for playing in sync with a movie.

Back