• Register Today It's free!

Avital install on 97 Monty

wesalexleft

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Mountaineer V8 4.6L
Ive gotten everything to work but one little thing, and it's driving me crazy. I'm installing an Avital 5103 into a 97 Mounty with NO PATS. With the factory fob, if I'm outside the truck with all doors closed and press the lock button, the "theft" light comes on and the factory anti-theft is activated. If I'm outside the truck with the Avital remote and all doors closed, and press the Avital lock button, the doors lock, the Avital arms, but no factory anti-theft. So here's the strange part. If I leave the door open, press the Avital lock on the fob, it locks the doors, sets the Avital as well as the factory anti-theft. I want the factory anti-theft to set with all doors closed as well, but I can't find any listing for a factory arm wire to tap. Anyone with experience who could pint me in the right direction??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd could but it would depend on how busy I am at work tomorrow to look at a wiring diagram. if the internet didn't suck at my house i would just email you the ford online wiring diagram.

Any help at any time would be appreciated. It's drivable. Just not buttoned up until I get it corrected. Someone on the12volt suggested pulsing the door trigger at the same time as the lock pulse to see if that does the trick. I'll try that today and see if it works. Other than that, I'm thrilled with the remote start, alarm and other features..

Still looking, waiting on the electrical guru at work to help me figure out what you need to know.

From the Ready Remote site, there's a note that says, "Arms on lock only with door open. It is necessary to send a signal to door trigger as well as lock to arm factory alarm." This seems to be the case, as the yellow/black wire that connects to the door latch is at ground with the door open. It would need a signal as well as the door lock mechanism to arm the factory remote. The latch wire is at floating +12v until opened, and then goes to ground to conduct. I've decided to live with it as of now and address it later.

Yeah it may be that's the way it works. I'll let you know today.

ok well this may take up alot of room. they're all from ford PTS wiring diagram

Power Door Locks 110 1-3

Page 1

powerdoorlockwiringpage1_zps8d4cff11.jpg

Page 2

powerdoorlockwiringpage2_zpsb6d77a92.jpg

Page 3

powerdoorlockwiringpage3_zps546e8cee.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remote Control Alarm and Lock System 117 1-3

page 1

remotecontrolalarmandlocksystempage1_zpsf3f08024.jpg